Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2014-04-12, 21:57)PK21 Wrote: [ -> ]Has anyone been successful in getting a pvr to work on this box?

Using the tvheadend client in the gotham build I haven't been able to connect to fire tv from a browser on my pc but I can connect to a different type of xbmc box with an openelec install.

With the new Gotham build I have been able to connect to mythtv using the over client. Works really well. Pass through works as well.

There are a couple of issues with the menu when it tries to access the radio channels and I have had a couple of crashes when switching channels. But MPEG 2 content comes through totally fine.
(2014-04-12, 21:59)Dealwagon Wrote: [ -> ]Quick update using the latest build of Gotham provided here by koying. Airplay works for photos and using YouTube app. Within xbmc that is of course. Videos crash back to xbmc main menu.
Would airplay issues be related to http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=179961 ?
I'm not an Apple user in any way, so airplay is an area I cannot help in any way Wink

PVR issues are most probably not FTV specific, either, so please look for potential answers in the PVR specific subforums.
(2014-04-12, 22:00)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]It varies by make and model but Google found me this http://www.engadget.com/question/anybody...d-off-abm/

Thanks nickr. For my TV, it was under Menu > Picture > Aspect Size. Everything working fine Smile
I was able to sideload Teamviewer QuickSupport and remotely control FireTV. It works very well. Remember to use QuickSupport, there are multiple Teamviewer apps.
(2014-04-12, 21:48)PK21 Wrote: [ -> ]For me this happened with any avi file I tred to view. The files were on a MyBookLiveDuo duo network drive. Accessed via SMB. Again, this was only a slight jerkiness, not really a stutter, but enough to get annoying.

Right, stutter is not the right word for it, but it makes the show/movie painful to watch. Your avi files are probably divx or xvid encoded.
(2014-04-12, 17:40)Koying Wrote: [ -> ]Re HD audio, please test with SPMC 12.4.2.
If it works there, I'll see into it for Gotham.

Crashing XBMC on several different DTS-MA files. Sad

Thank you for your continued interest and efforts to fix the issue.
If you want to get rid of the results of xbmc calibration delete the <resolutions> ... </resolutions> block in guisettings.xml.
(2014-04-12, 22:23)jsp1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-04-12, 17:40)Koying Wrote: [ -> ]Re HD audio, please test with SPMC 12.4.2.

Crashing XBMC on several different DTS-MA files. Sad

Thank you for your continued interest and efforts to fix the issue.
Could you link an output of "adb logcat", please. (To be captured during playback + crash, obviously)
I'd be happy to. I'm not sure how though. I used the command and it is continually logging everything the fire does. Lol, how do I stop it.
(2014-04-12, 22:31)jsp1 Wrote: [ -> ]I'd be happy to. I'm not sure how though. I used the command and it is continually logging everything the fire does. Lol, how do I stop it.
Do
Code:
adb logcat > xbmc_crash.log
to create the log just before starting the playback test.

Do a CTRL-C to stop it.

Upload and link xbmc_crash.log here, e.g. with pastebin
Per Koying's instructions I've uploaded a sample file http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/51...e-avi.html

During xvid/divx playback there is an annoying stutter or jerkiness. It's very subtle but incredibly annoying if you try and actually watch a video with it. Especially noticeable during the panning sequence of the sample. It plays smoothly with an OUYA using MediaCodec and turning off stagefright.

Could others verify they are experiencing the same problem? Thank you!

Also if there is a better place to host these samples please let me know.
Here's a link for Settings.apk. Most of the settings don't work for the ftv; but it will allow you to pair bluetooth speakers if you need. I was hoping it would allow me to change the time (I'm stuck on Pacific) and turn on developer debug, but no go for either Sad

Thanks to tarvoke@xda for the link.
(2014-04-12, 16:27)Martijn Wrote: [ -> ]This has been said many many many times. You will not get any HD audio on Android.

There seems to be somewhat conflicting thoughts on HD audio, Martijn is fairly certain its not possible except for specific devices that implement it. Yet Koying is trying to get it working (thank you!).
I had to go back through 40 odd pages but i finally found the image that was burned into my brain. This is from a early video when we first found that the ouya version performed the best

http://imgur.com/AYKuwwd

of course it means nothing if the buttons behind it don't function, but its what got me excited in the first place. So the ouya has these capabilities? or they don't function there either?
I don't really understand passthrough, so my thoughts maybe wrong, feel free to set me straight as i want to get my head around it.
Both Martijn and Koying are correct. The fix would require AE engine to assume that passthough is present for this device, even though there is no indication that such capabilities exist. In other words, what we coders call, a quirk.