Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I tried Aeon MQ5 and found it to be slow. Especially if you have a large collection. When I go to my movie collection and scroll down it chugs. This doesnt happen in Nox/Amber/Confluence.
Anyone load a different launcher on this?
(2014-04-15, 01:38)ilovemymac Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone load a different launcher on this?

I loaded Nova and TVLauncher. You can't set any other app as the default launcher if that's what you're wondering. But with some Llama trickery, you can get the home button to take you back to the selected launcher...or XBMC like I have. I have the Amber skin, favorited the Netflix/Hulu/etc apps and added them to the home menu. Now I see this when I press Home. Smile

http://i.imgur.com/VPuY6dt.jpg
How did you change the home button to launch xbmc?
(2014-04-15, 01:48)cstark27 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-04-15, 01:38)ilovemymac Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone load a different launcher on this?

I loaded Nova and TVLauncher. You can't set any other app as the default launcher if that's what you're wondering. But with some Llama trickery, you can get the home button to take you back to the selected launcher...or XBMC like I have. I have the Amber skin, favorited the Netflix/Hulu/etc apps and added them to the home menu. Now I see this when I press Home. Smile

That is neat. Is there a limit on the number of Apps that you can add to the home menu? Can you display them in a grid format to add more apps?
(2014-04-15, 01:53)underworld123 Wrote: [ -> ]

That is neat. Is there a limit on the number of Apps that you can add to the home menu? Can you display them in a grid format to add more apps?

Sorry i'm not familiar with XBMC on android.. are you saying that xbmc can launch android apps directly?

That looks fantastic. Want to throw up a quick guide on how you did that? Or link to a post that explains it a bit more Smile
(2014-04-14, 16:35)Koying Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-04-14, 15:13)underworld123 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-04-14, 14:40)Koying Wrote: [ -> ]Could you retry with key id="339" for rewind and key id="343" for fast_forward, please.
Rewind and Fastforward do not work. Here's my keyboard.xml

Please try this build: http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/andr...bi-v7a.apk

You should be able to do:
PHP Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<keymap>
  <FullscreenVideo>
    <keyboard>
      <menu>CodecInfo</menu>
      <backspace>Stop</backspace>
      <rewind>Rewind</rewind>
      <fastforward>FastForward</fastforward>
    </keyboard>
  </FullscreenVideo>
</keymap> 

If it doesn't, please provide an xbmc log.

Works great. I'll update the wiki with this build.
How are full h264 blurays working on this? are weird artifacts flashing on the screen
(2014-04-15, 01:53)XmemphistoX Wrote: [ -> ]How did you change the home button to launch xbmc?
I side loaded Llama, then basically set a variable at startup to true. Have to launch XBMC manually the first time, which changes said variable to false. Then one more event that says if variable is false and current app is KFTV Launcher, launch XBMC. This actually will just take you back to where you were in XBMC last, but oh well. And sometimes you'll see the Amazon home for a second before XBMC comes up. Not perfect, but also way easier for letting other people cruise around on the box.
See Llama events: http://i.imgur.com/MBcKNcA.jpg

(2014-04-15, 01:53)underworld123 Wrote: [ -> ]That is neat. Is there a limit on the number of Apps that you can add to the home menu? Can you display them in a grid format to add more apps?
Amber only allows to set like 8 or so custom links in the GUI, but you may be able to edit the guisettings or favorites XML to add more. I don't know.

(2014-04-15, 02:37)Lunatixz Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry i'm not familiar with XBMC on android.. are you saying that xbmc can launch android apps directly?
Yeah, Frodo and Gotham can launch apps if you go to the Programs menu. Both versions, and with the right skin, will allow you to favorite those then add them as custom menus. Only Gotham correctly launches them though. If you have issues getting to the Programs menu, switch back to Confluence skin and favorite your apps there. Amber crashes for me when going to Programs. After that, you can switch to whatever skin.

After that, it's just tidying up the skin settings to your liking. I pushed some Hulu/Netflix/Youtube/Pandora pictures to the box to set custom backgrounds, and changed the layout to vertical. Disabled a lot of the menu links, then made this keyboard.xml:
PHP Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<keymap>
  <FullscreenVideo>
    <keyboard>
      <menu>ShowSubtitles</menu>
      <backspace>Stop</backspace>
    </keyboard>
  </FullscreenVideo>
</keymap> 
Posted my keymap, now that the FF and RW buttons are working.
(2014-04-15, 04:32)elmerohueso Wrote: [ -> ]Posted my keymap, now that the FF and RW buttons are working.

Is this for the Gotham build or will it work for SPMC too?

Thanks!
(2014-04-14, 22:31)Tinwarble Wrote: [ -> ]No, mine are all mkv/h.264 1080p @4.1 or @4.0, Handbrake encoded (all of which I have encoded myself and that have been tested on various media players, like my WDTV Lives as well as my RPi). I also don't see it if I skip forward/backwards, although if I skip backward multiple times in a row the vid will become pixelated for a few secs.

The jitter seems to primarily happen when the vid is panning (left to right or right to left) and looks like what happens when I turn the "motion enhancements" On on my TV.

To add to this. Trying figure out what is going on I've watched several of my movies with the Codecinfo on and there appears to be 2 issues.

One is that all my movies are encoded "same as source" (23.975) and XBMC reports the "fr:" as 23.975. However, even though for most of the playback the "fps:" shows 23.98, it will fluctuate between 24 and 23.90 at times, which isn't a issue, but it will also at times go as high as 24.14 which still doesn't seem be an issue and as low as 21.98 which does cause an issue. Once the fps goes below about 22.00 the playback will have a stutter, this doesn't happen often but does seem to happen with every video I've tried.

The other issues is that "vq" starts to become erratic. Again, for most the playback it will stay at 88%, but as playback goes on it will start going from 88% to 75% erratically (meaning it will change back and forth extremely quickly). It will stop at 75% on occasions the back to 88% then it may stay at 88% for a few moments to a few minutes then go back to erratically going back and forth again. I have also seen it drop to 63% at some points. I'm not sure if the "vq" has anything to do with the jitter playback, but besides the "fps" I can't see anything else that might be causing it.

I should also state that it is inconsistent, it doesn't always happen in the same place during playback and even skipping back and playing the same part of that video that was jittery or stuttering will not produce the same issue and the fps and vq don't seem to be related. So it's hard to reproduce and you just have to wait for it to happen.
(2014-04-15, 04:21)cstark27 Wrote: [ -> ]I side loaded Llama, then basically set a variable at startup to true. Have to launch XBMC manually the first time, which changes said variable to false. Then one more event that says if variable is false and current app is KFTV Launcher, launch XBMC. This actually will just take you back to where you were in XBMC last, but oh well. And sometimes you'll see the Amazon home for a second before XBMC comes up. Not perfect, but also way easier for letting other people cruise around on the box.
See Llama events: http://i.imgur.com/MBcKNcA.jpg

This is great, thank you. Any way to access amazon video content afterwards though?
Nope, sorry. That's one caveat since Amazon decided to implement (kind of poorly IMO) their content into the Home app.

Edit: this just means with the way I decided to keep XBMC always up. If/when we get root or a way to bypass Amazon Home with the stock remote, there could be a lot better solutions. Or maybe with some fancy remote but I'm not sure on that one.