Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Video playback in XBMC (raspberry pi) as MythTv frontend
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys,

First of all, know that i am a complete newbie with XBMC, Raspberry pi and MythTv.

I am already using a 0.26 MythTv Backend and 12.2 Frodo XBMC frontend.
I dont have a tunner, the only thing i want is to display a video (located in the mythtv backend) in the xbmc frontend.

I've tried to connect to mythtv backend with the PVR addon and with the mtyh://[email protected] way

Im actually connected (because i've tried to connect with another ip address and it appeared a connection error)
but i only see empty folders (all recordings, movies, ...etc).

I dont know what i am doing wrong, could you please help me?. Thanks in advance.
Why are you using the PVR section at all if you don't even have a tuner (note the spelling)?

Export the directory on the mythtv machine using samba and then add it as a windows networking source in XBMC.
(2014-04-10, 01:08)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]Why are you using the PVR section at all if you don't even have a tuner (note the spelling)?

Export the directory on the mythtv machine using samba and then add it as a windows networking source in XBMC.

Even more so, if you do not have a tuner, why are you using Mythtv at all?
Exactly!
I will have a tuner soon... i am only testing the sistem with videos downloaded from the internet first... i didnt know that i needed one to use xbmc. As I said before, I am completly noob.
*system... forgive my english I am Australian. Smile
Solved! Samba ftw! The Australian thing was a joke just in case someone is annoyed.

But is there a chance of doing this with mythtv?

Tomorrow I'll get the tuner, see you soon!

Thanks!