Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Titles don't load???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
OK, I have a problem that occurs on all HTPC's in my house, titles fan art and posters don't loadHuh All I get is a blank DVD cover with the movie name and info. Why this happen?
Is there a need to make a statement and follow it with three question marks?

Bitchy commenting aside, can you take a screenshot of the issue?
What about storage? Do they all fetch audio/video from the same source? Filname of a video that shows up like this, could also be helpful.
(2014-04-13, 23:59)Piers Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a need to make a statement and follow it with three question marks?

Bitchy commenting aside, can you take a screenshot of the issue?
Sorry Elaine, next time I will be more careful, since it is such an important issue.

Sure, when I get home I will post a screen shot.

(2014-04-14, 03:01)pr0xZen Wrote: [ -> ]What about storage? Do they all fetch audio/video from the same source? Filname of a video that shows up like this, could also be helpful.
From the same file? If I understand you correctly, it is a MKV file and I use Ember media manager to create fan-art and posters within the same folder.
I think what pr0xZen was looking for was an example of your naming convention for the troublesome files.
OK, here are some screen shots of what is happening and how I have the file structure setup.

This is what is happening.

This is the folder structure

Since you're using Ember then the metadata it's creating could be causing the problem.

For one of the movies move the Ember created files outside of the folder temporarily then in xbmc refresh the Movie Info so xbmc does the scraping, if artwork then appears it's an Ember related problem.
Is that naming convention not optimal?
Nobody has experienced this?
And having XBMC scrape is not helping either.
(2014-04-15, 03:55)JapanDave Wrote: [ -> ]And having XBMC scrape is not helping either.

Did you try as suggested - move the ember created files out of a movies folder before refreshing library? And if so, what is your default scraper set for this source when doing so? (Right click source, edit source, 2nd window etc)

File and folder names look perfectly fine.
Yes, I did and it does not make a difference. I should point out that after a few minutes, the fan-art loads, but then when I scroll through the info wall again they all disappear again and I have to wait again.

I am using the 'MovieDataBase.org'.
Hi JapanDave and Welcome to XBMC forum. I enjoy your threads over at AVS. I only use XBMC as my scraper, with the universal movie scraper. I am wondering if you are storing on a NAS and if so using MySQL as a central database for all the HTPC?
Seems I have this problem once in a while when I load my movies and zip threw them fast, that the covers won't display. My theory is I am requesting all the info at once and my network hasn't fully awakened yet to deliver all the content.
If you are running all the HTPC's without MySQL , then I may suggest to add a SSD drive to each, this will help with the cache of your images and load time.
(2014-04-14, 03:50)JapanDave Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Is there a need to make a statement and follow it with three question marks?
Sorry Elaine, next time I will be more careful, since it is such an important issue.
I have never watched Seinfeld, so didn't see that as funny or see the relevance to my statement.

(2014-04-14, 13:08)JapanDave Wrote: [ -> ]OK, here are some screen shots of what is happening and how I have the file structure setup.

This is what is happening.

This is the folder structure

The path and naming convention is ideal, nearly the same way I have mine set up.

drive -> film title (date) -> filmtitle (date).extension

(2014-04-14, 15:04)JapanDave Wrote: [ -> ]Is that naming convention not optimal?

Yes, but as another post points out - Ember is interfering with XBMC. The only external application I use is FileBot to rename files - I let XBMC scrapers do all the work. Since you have an accurate naming convention I can't see any reason why TheTVDB and themoviedb would not be able to accurately scrape all the information you require.

Since you've tried the alternative method and the issue is artwork then I would tend to, partly, agree with Harro. If you're using MySQL then this could be the cause and there is absolutely no need to use a SSD drive. My main HTPC XBMC installation is running from a 4TB 5400 RPM SATAII drive - artwork loads instantly. That's with 18,000+ video files spread over multiple hard drives on a network.

Another thought is possible the use of Japanese characters in the path. Can you provide the full path to your %appdata% directory?
Remove a single movie from the library then enable debug logging, then scan the folder containing the removed movie so it is added again.
(2014-04-15, 20:51)jjd-uk Wrote: [ -> ]Remove a single movie from the library then enable debug logging, then scan the folder containing the removed movie so it is added again.
Here is the file according to your directions. The movie was "300" Btw that I took out and reinserted..

Log File

The path is,
\\Dave\htpc\Kids Movies
Pages: 1 2 3