Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Missing playlists on custom menu's
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

I'm trying to create custom playlists to separate all my movies easier. I've created the playlists and they work fine, but when I go into custom menu's and try to point it to a playlist, nothing shows apart from 2 options (none, clear current setting, and video library node).

All my films are on a nas so the playlist looks for films in a certain location so the address always starts smb://etc and I'd read older posts (2yrs old) that this could issues - is there anything I can do?

I can't be the only person with a NAS trying to point playlists to a NAS to launch from custom menus, surely there's a solution?

Thanks

Also - unsure if it helps, but I've added scripts as others have mentioned, playlist and randomlastitem or something, and it keeps saying these are failing.
Did you look at the video in the FAQ :

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=146727
Yes, many times.

If you look at the 50 second mark, it shows the playlist that was created (kids) appear on that list. My issue is it doesn't appear there. I can create a playlist fine but when I try to link it to the custom menu as shown in the video, it doesn't appear so I can't link it.

I've followed everything exactly, and cant see what I'm doing wrong. I really hope someone can help as xbmc is perfect in almost every way for what I need, but being able to do this from my NAS is a big requirement also!
If it displays no smart playlists on that menu it means you're missing a script: http://mirrors.xbmc.org/addons/frodo/scr...-1.0.2.zip
Hi Vaikin, I've installed that script, along with the randomlastitems one or whatever it's called. After a fe w attempts at getting it to work it eventually just started throwing out errors saying script had failed, but I haven't messed or edited the scripts in any way. Any other ideas what I can try?
So share your debug log file, with debug mode enabled in XBMC settings, on xbmclogs.com