Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: BDremux via DLNA not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been trying to make my pi (512 mod B) play BDRemux MKV (~30Gb for ~2h films aprox.) compressionless BR data withou success through DLNA server

With my PS3 via Showtime I'm able to play them easily, but with the Pi I get a full cache error, and the film keeps getting stuck every 5 seconds

Mainly I've tried the Rbej Frodo build with advancedsettings (memcache basically that I think is deprecated) and also config.txt with extended gpu_mem to 256 without sucess anyhow

Any ideas on making this work?
After serious trials I'm starting to believe that is completely impossible to make this work. Basically due to the transfer rate of the NIC 10/100 I'm 100% sure since the bitrate of a typical BDremux is around 30Mbps, so the 100Mbps NIC should be able to handle this...
I tried the same (DLNA) in the past with no success but that is because DLNA is a slower protocol. Once I changed to NFS it worked perfect, I suggest trying that.
How do you serve files with NFS? Is plugandplay/broadcasted via lan?
NFS is only a file transportation protocoll, just like SMB and does not deliver metadata like UPNP can do. You can browse for available NFS shares in XBMC just like for UPNP or any other protocol. Usually you have a NAS or other file storage system with all your stuff and create a NFS network share on it. Then you add this share as new source in XBMC just like you add a UPNP share. To get metadata (in case you want it) you have to set a content type for that media source and scan it into the library.
Looks good. I have to explore it
I've tried sharing a nfs share and the BDRemux still gets stuck, but im not sure now because the HD is busy decompressing.some files
I will check it later
What I've seen is that apparently with NFS the system does not cache the data
EDIT: BTW I forgot to mention that PS3 with showtime reproduces via DLNA without difficulties same files, so I suspect there might be something else based of hardware or software of pi