Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Android to Linux (MX_LINUX-v1.00-G18REF_MX2REF-update)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm fairly new to this so il try explain....

I bought an Android Streambox, Streambox have sent 7 different Linux firmwares and each over time has got better and better, someone asked me for these files and they are unable to use them on a different box - instead, they found MX_LINUX-v1.00-G18REF_MX2REF-update and installed this instead but is still having problems. I also installed this and restored an XBMC backup and everything was ok until today when the box gets stuck on the 'loading screen' after turning it off and back on, I tried reflashing, including clearing cache etc but still sticks on the 'loading' screen.

I can use the Streambox firmware they sent but the MX_LINUX-v1.00-G18REF_MX2REF file update seems much cleaner and faster than their firmware.
I would like to know what I am doing wrong because I have another box which id prefer to run Linux instead of Android.

Thanks in advance.
MX_LINUX_v1.00-G18REF_MX2REF-NEWMTD-update.zip appears to work ok, thanks for that.
good to hear
I've been using MX_LINUX_v1.00-G18REF_MX2REF-NEWMTD-update.zip for a while now. It runs great for what I use it for, just watching movies and tv shows. But on my wireless keyboard the volume down button doesn't work, the volume up works though.