Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Test Patterns
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I was curious what am I supposed to see when selecting "Test Patterns..." in settings. I can see 2 white boxes with different shaded circles and 2 black boxes
Anyone?
What version of XBMC & what skin? I don't have anything called "test pattern" in XBMC 12.3 using ACE.
(2014-04-21, 22:48)davelr Wrote: [ -> ]What version of XBMC & what skin? I don't have anything called "test pattern" in XBMC 12.3 using ACE.

Gotham with Ace skin.
You should see flashing circles inside the white AND black boxes I believe. (I see circles flashing in the white but not he black in my Windows/Gotham install, need to try my other OE installs tonight...)

But I don't know whether this is displayed with the current video pipeline etc, so I am not sure how good a test it is really. Would be great to get some informed input on this!
Hmm isn't this information in the wiki ?
I should make some screenshots I guess Smile
Not that I could see....screenshots would be v. handy...
(2014-04-22, 04:55)bossanova808 Wrote: [ -> ]You should see flashing circles inside the white AND black boxes I believe. (I see circles flashing in the white but not he black in my Windows/Gotham install, need to try my other OE installs tonight...)

But I don't know whether this is displayed with the current video pipeline etc, so I am not sure how good a test it is really. Would be great to get some informed input on this!

Thanks for the info. Trying to setup my htpc to full RGB (0-255) and I see the same thing as you. When changing to limited I see different shades of black but when watching a movie some of the blacks are gray

(2014-04-22, 15:09)Kib Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm isn't this information in the wiki ?
I should make some screenshots I guess Smile

Nope. Also tried searching everywhere for info on this setting.
I see flashing grey circles in the black/white boxes and the circles disappear after each flash.

If the flashing circles don't disappear then you might have incorrect RGB colour range settings.
If you press right you get more !
@Kib - any chance of those screenshots getting to the wiking, maybe accompanied by what should be seen, and what it means if you're not (things to look for, tips etc)? I think it could be quite useful and a team member probably has the best info....
Currently at LinuxTag, but yeah - basically what I wanted to do.
Was an entry ever put in? This is pretty handy stuff to have right in the settings, and should be explained fully. For instance, while playing around I thought after the first screen there were 3 grey screens... but messing with my TVs settings, turns out page one is vertical lines, page two is horizontal lines and page three is a grid !
No, but feel free to start making the screenshots and working on it. I'm severely lacking time at the moment.