Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Gotham Beta 3 Bug when browsing for fanart
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am experiencing a problem with Gotham Beta 3 when attempting to browse for fanart located in either the *Item folder or the extrafanart folder. I can successfully browse to either folder, then the,jpg files will be listed, but the actual image will not be displayed while browsing or in the Movie view if I blindly select a random file. I have seen this problem come and go in the various Gotham builds, but it seems to be a pretty consistent problem in Beta 3. I have a couple of active clients running XBMC 12.3 which are working fine.

My environment consists of a Synology NAS 1512+ and several Windows 8 clients connecting to the NAS via NFS (I am using NFS versus SMB since I have had some problems with losing the connection with SMB). I am using Back Row as the skin but can also recreate the problem if I switch back to Confluence. My movie library consists of a single shared folder on the NAS populated with .iso DVD and BluRay rips.

I can directly access the extrafanart folder using Windows file explorer which leads be to believe that this is probably an NFS specific problem. I have at least partially confirmed this by creating a duplicate file source for Movies using SMB instead of NFS. When I do this I will have all of the movies on the NAS duplicated in the Movie library. At this point I can successfully browse for fanart in either the *Item Folder or the extrafanart folder for the duplicate movies that are being accessed via SMB. It is also possible that I am dealing with a configuration problem which is why I am starting with the Forum and not the official bug report.

I can successfully get art from the info menu and only run into the problem when I try to browse for additional fanart. The procedureto recreate the problem is pretty simple:

1. Select Movies from main menu
2. Highlight a movie and open the Info menu either directly or via the Context menu.
3. Select Get Art from the Info menu
4. Choose either poster or fanart
5. Cursor down to Browse... and select
6. Select *Item Folder

At this point I will see the list of jpeg files for the cover art but no image will be displayed.

7. Select extrafanart folder

At this point I will see the list of jpeg files for additional fanart but again no image will be displayed.

I would be happy to supply additional information either via this thread or over the phone is a real time conversation would help.
Known issues with NFS, already fixed in Gotham nightlies.
See all this for (way too many) details:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=190345
I installed the latest Gotham nightly build and this resolved the problem described above. Thanks for the help.