Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: ATI Drivers For XBMC Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi all

I have been using XBMC 12.2 for somtime now and also tried XBMC 13 beta 3 and i have noticed on both versions i get the odd playback problem wth the odd green screen type of error over the movies image for about 2 sec which covers the full screen.

Heres what i tried.

XBMC DXVA Enabled (Movie has the green error glitch in video)
XBMC DXVA Disabled (Movie Plays back fine)

VLC Player DXVA Disabled (Movie Plays back fine)
VLC Player DXVA Enabled (Movie Plays back fine)

I have 2 computers both with ATI GFX cards in them one with a 6xxx series and one with 5xxx series GFX card and both have the problem. I can fix the problem by disabling the DXVA option.
I tried this in VLC Player but had no problems there.

could this be a ATI driver problem or a XBMC fault ? this is why i tried XBMC 13 beta 3 to see if it had fixed the problem but it did not. I use driver 13.4 on one machine and 12.4 on the other and both of them have the same problem. I was going to update the driver to 13.10 but i am sure i have read that this version of the ati driver has even more problems with XBMC.

Can anyone help ? i am suprised i could not get it to do it with VLC Player.

thanks all
Just in case, be sure in CCC that , in video, colors, basic color, that u have it set to manage by the player, not by the AMD driver.
Hi there thanks for the help

I have all them settings off as it makes the picture worse when on i hate anything that touches the video i like it stright from the source untouched and i have always used the (use video player settings) ticked on both systems.
This might help: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=192225

If none of those suggestions work then post a debug-log (wiki) here.
looked at your settings page and i still have the problem will try beta 4 to see what happens
same with beta 4 what drivers are best with xbmc and an ati card ?
Well, which AMD card do you have? If they're still branded as ATI cards then the fault may be with having old hardware which simply doesn't support some of the latest features within XBMC.
Ati 5700 series and ati 6700 series.
So AMD Radeon HD5700 and HD6700? Both of those cards are more than enough, I use a £20 5450 on my HTPC using the latest drivers from the AMD website.
Are u switching refresh rate? (adjust refresh rate to match video)
Could be an hdmi handshake issue too.
What happens if u insert an 2 or 3 second delay when playing a movie?
Hi both yes I am using adjust refresh rate to match video as I want 24hz playback

I use a pause delay at the beginning to let the tv to refresh. It's very like some videos when they start to play they show a quick short green pixilated effect on the whole screen like a video error and that's only 1sec right at the start of the video which does not bother me. But it's happend on only 2 movies out of 300 where it does the same green pixilated effect about 16 sec into thee movie.
So you have the latest drivers, follow the best practice settings and have tried asking on here.

It's probably time you posted a debug-log (wiki) whilst the issue is occurring, and waiting for a developer to reply.
I don't have the latest drivers like I said in my first post. This is why I am asking which are the better driver versions as not always the latest drivers are the best.
(2014-04-26, 19:31)meridius Wrote: [ -> ]Hi both yes I am using adjust refresh rate to match video as I want 24hz playback

I use a pause delay at the beginning to let the tv to refresh. It's very like some videos when they start to play they show a quick short green pixilated effect on the whole screen like a video error and that's only 1sec right at the start of the video which does not bother me. But it's happend on only 2 movies out of 300 where it does the same green pixilated effect about 16 sec into thee movie.
Sounds like a dxva rendering error. Does it still show green with software decoding? If not, then the problem is with the file and there's nothing you can do besides wait for a driver update that might fix it (or just use software decoding instead of dxva2).
(2014-04-27, 20:03)meridius Wrote: [ -> ]I don't have the latest drivers like I said in my first post. This is why I am asking which are the better driver versions as not always the latest drivers are the best.

Yes, but you're having issues with your current drivers so common sense dictates that you try an alternative version.
Pages: 1 2