Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Mac Mini latest OSX software - PVR Cymth
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

I have problem playing PVR client CYMTH. I have 2 front ends that work but this mac min (2010) does not work. Here is the log. What am I doing wrong?

Quote:12:28:07 T:2959855616 NOTICE: PVRManager - starting up
12:28:07 T:2957725696 NOTICE: Thread PVR manager start, auto delete: false
12:28:07 T:2962055168 NOTICE: Thread PVR add-on updater start, auto delete: false
12:28:57 T:2963652608 NOTICE: Thread XBPyThread start, auto delete: false
12:28:57 T:2963652608 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
12:28:57 T:2963652608 NOTICE: script.tv.show.next.aired: ### TV Show - Next Aired starting GUI proc (6.0.7)
12:28:57 T:2963652608 NOTICE: script.tv.show.next.aired: ### no prior data found
12:28:57 T:2963652608 NOTICE: script.tv.show.next.aired: ### starting data update
12:28:57 T:2963652608 NOTICE: script.tv.show.next.aired: ### grabbing a new country mapping list
12:29:03 T:2706010536 ERROR: ClearBlock: Trying to clear non existent block /Users/user/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/script.tv.show.next.aired
12:29:12 T:2706010536 ERROR: Control 450 in window 10134 has been asked to focus, but it can't
12:29:53 T:2963652608 ERROR: Previous line repeats 1 times.
12:29:53 T:2963652608 NOTICE: Thread Background Loader start, auto delete: false
12:30:38 T:2959855616 NOTICE: Previous line repeats 3 times.
12:30:38 T:2959855616 NOTICE: PVRManager - stopping
It appears there is a bug in the OS X version of XBMC Frodo that has existed for at least a couple of versions now that seems to prevent the addon from working correctly. When I try to use it under Frodo 12.3 I get a message saying that no PVR clients have been started yet, even though the plugin is installed, enabled, and correctly configured. No matter how long I wait, I still get that message.

Under Ubuntu Linux the same version of XBMC with the same plugin, configured exactly the same way works great. So whatever the problem is, it's specific to the OS X version (this is running under Mavericks, by the way). The last the lines in the log file after I start XBMC are:

19:36:11 T:4675080192 NOTICE: PVRManager - starting up
19:36:11 T:4692742144 NOTICE: Thread PVR manager start, auto delete: false
19:36:11 T:4693278720 NOTICE: Thread PVR add-on updater start, auto delete: false

There are no errors generated when I get the message about no PVR clients started. This all worked a few versions back, so I don't get what happened.
You are most likely correct that the plugin is broken! I have another MAC MINI with older version of OSX (forget the version) and it works with Frodo with this plugin very well! I just bought the 2010 MAC MINI from ebay because the ATV2 was struggling to play TV channels! I hope a developer can chime in and fix this for us:-)
That wouldn't be the only thing mavericks broke in xbmc. There are plenty of threads with similar themes.
The 2010 Mac Mini I bought from ebay came with CD's - Can i re install the OSX to go back to older version? Is this possible?
I dont know enough about osx to answer that sorry.
(2014-04-19, 02:10)vskatusa Wrote: [ -> ]The 2010 Mac Mini I bought from ebay came with CD's - Can i re install the OSX to go back to older version? Is this possible?

yes.
Thanks Davilla as always :-)
Ok! Sad story here....Did the following:

1. Mac mini 2010 - used the installed DVD and installed the older OSX version 10.6.4 (removed Maverick)
2. Configured plugin Myth PVR client CYMTH
3. Enabled LIVE TV
4. Went to main menu and selected TV CHANNELS
5. Get a message "No PVR client started yet" message

On top of it I have another problem: I said to autostart XBMC on boot with Mac Mini. In XBMC selecting EXIT or REBOOT just hangs! Now how do I disable AUTO START or make the EXIT work.

Any help and direction would be helpful. Remember I have 2 machines, 1 mac mini where the PVR client works and 1 windows machine where the PVR works - Hence my Myth is working!
I have found a couple of times I have clicked "enable" after configuring the pvr.cmyth addon, but gone back and it needs clicking again.

If that isn't the problem, time for debug logs.
Today I upgraded to the new beta version of Gotham that just came out, and the cMyth plugin does appear to work in it. You do have to install/enable it before you can use it (even if you had it installed under Frodo, but if you did have it in a previous installation it should pick up your settings, at least it did for me). It does seem to work although on the first run it generates a lot of meaningless "recording" popups that don't stay on the screen long enough to read, and don't really seem relevant to anything, they are just annoying. But Live TV works fine.

Still the problem with not being able to do a clean exit; sometimes have to force quit it and either way Mavericks usually pops up a box saying the program closed unexpectedly and asks if I'd like to re-open it. But other than that minor annoyance Gotham seems to be working with the cMyth plugin much better than Frodo did.
I have XBMC as autostart! When XBMC comes up the EXIT does not work! I want to allow "allow remote access" in Mac Mini so that I can ssh - but do not know how to FORCE exit XBMC - is there an equivalent command in Mac like CTRL + ALT +DEL in PC? FYI I am using PC keyboard.

Tried CTRL + ALT +ESC and ALT + F4 - no luck!
(2014-04-20, 16:19)vskatusa Wrote: [ -> ]I have XBMC as autostart! When XBMC comes up the EXIT does not work! I want to allow "allow remote access" in Mac Mini so that I can ssh - but do not know how to FORCE exit XBMC - is there an equivalent command in Mac like CTRL + ALT +DEL in PC? FYI I am using PC keyboard.

Tried CTRL + ALT +ESC and ALT + F4 - no luck!
I'm trying to figure out how you managed that - are you running OS X or Linux on that box? Did you by any chance install some kind of "all-in-one" distribution that essentially takes over your computer?

The normal method when using the keyboard is to arrow over to SHUTDOWN, then down-arrow and a sub-menu should appear. Then in that sub-menu you select Exit. Apparently you have tried that but Exit just sits there? In that case, if you are running OS X that's the freeze-up at shutdown problem that many of us have encountered under OS X. Normally you can ⌘-TAB to another program (where ⌘ might be replaced by any of the keys to the left of the spacebar on a PC keyboard, depending on how your keyboard is mapped and your locale) and then the top menu bar will appear and you can click the  icon and force quit from there.

On a real Mac keyboard, under OS X you can use ⌘ + ⌥ + ⎋, (command key, option key, and escape key pressed simultaneously) to bring up the Force Quit menu and quit XBMC from there. But I do not know what that would translate to on your PC keyboard so you may have to experiment a bit.

If you have switched to Linux then in some skins there is a small button with a power icon somewhere on the screen, and if you click that it may give you an exit option that works (I know this is the case with one of the distributions that runs on a Raspberry Pi; don't recall which at the moment).

For future reference, IMHO you are always better off to install a plain operating system such as Linux Mint or Ubuntu and then install XBMC on top of that. You can always set XBMC to be a startup item if that's what you want, but that way you won't be running something that assumes that you will never want to leave the confines of XBMC.
Wow Got everythiing working!

I am documenting below for anybody out there faces similar situation:

OSX 10.6.4 - Frodo 12.3

Settings:

1. XBMC was set to autostart
2. Using Myth TV addon using PVR Cymth Plugin

Problems
  • The XBMC EXIT or REBOOT just hangs
  • The PVR was enabled but always complaining that backend was not started

Solution
  • Rebooted the Mac Mini 2010 OSX 10.6.4 and went into XBMC -> Appearance -> Video used windowed setting. This allowed me to access Mac Mini Dock -- right clicked on XBMC dock and select FORCE QUIT! Problem solved
  • Updated OSX from 10.6.4 to 10.6.8
  • Installed GOTHAM beta 4

Voila everything worked! Thanks for everybody for the help!
(2014-04-20, 19:34)vskatusa Wrote: [ -> ]Voila everything worked! Thanks for everybody for the help!

Glad to hear it. I might also suggest you consider upgrading to Mavericks at some point, it's free and just works a lot better (except for a couple of things - Finder still sucks, and the jury is still out on Messages, which is the replacement for iChat). I was actually on Lion and even from that I noticed significant improvements in many areas. I suspect that at some point XMBC may not fully support older versions of OS X (though I could be wrong about that) so you might want to get ahead of the curve. A 2010 Mac Mini should still be able to run Mavericks (although it might not hurt to upgrade the memory if you have not done that and know how - there are videos on YouTube and web pages that will show you if you don't).
Pages: 1 2