Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [WIP] [MOD] Aeon Nox 5: Minimalistic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
watch gallery

As of June 24, I will no longer be updating this mod as I started another project and won't have time for both. Thank you for all the comments and suggestions.

I've been working on this project for my personal htpc for a little while now, mostly just to learn how skinning works. Here's an overview of what I did...
  • removed the furniture (floor, shadows, etc)
  • created an episode view (episodes only)
  • created an alternate wall view that displays 27 posters
  • added BannerInfo view created by Steveb
  • reconfigured the video info and artist/album info screens
  • replaced many of the textures
  • removed SlimList view
  • removed Radio from PVR
  • skinned the Global Search addon
  • skinned the Rating Update addon
  • skinned the cdART Manager addon
  • added red/green/gray/light themes
  • and a bunch of smaller changes, see the readme file on git for a full list.

Thank you BigNoid for an awesome skin!
Nice work Bryan, loved the episode view from Nox 4.

Can you point me to where I can edit the positioning of the logo in the lowlist view. It looks a bit odd being so high.

Thanks very much.

May I also suggest that you update the title so that it's clear the mod is for Nox 5.
Very impressive!
(2014-04-19, 05:56)Kokonutcreme Wrote: [ -> ]Nice work Bryan, loved the episode view from Nox 4.

Can you point me to where I can edit the positioning of the logo in the lowlist view. It looks a bit odd being so high.

Thanks very much.

May I also suggest that you update the title so that it's clear the mod is for Nox 5.

Look for this code near the top of View_501_LowList.xml...

Code:
<control type="image">
    <posx>1500</posx>
    <posy>350</posy>
    <width>390</width>
    <height>164</height>
    <aspectratio aligny="bottom">keep</aspectratio>
    <texture background="true">$INFO[ListItem.Art(clearlogo)]</texture>
</control>

Just adjust the posy to your liking.
I am only a spectator in this forum. Never did comment before.

THIS IS THE THEME I WAS LOOKING FOR. AWESOME MOD. PLEASE CONTINUE MAKING IT BETTER.

THIS SHOULD BE THE DEFAULT THEME.
Nice work !

Can you please make it possible to exit epg timeline view with back button?
Suggestions:
- Drop the pause icon then switching channel in live tv
-Give the channel number pop up some love (when you switch channel with number in live tv)
Epg description doesn´t follow if i go forward in time

NCIS is highlighted but description is still from current show, Morden i midsomer.

So i can only get description on current show/time
(2014-04-19, 22:06)Jönke Wrote: [ -> ]Epg description doesn´t follow if i go forward in time

NCIS is highlighted but description is still from current show, Morden i midsomer.

So i can only get description on current show/time

Fixed on git, thanks!
You might want to change the name of your skin in the addon.xml file so that it has it's own listing in XBMC for users who already have installed Aeon Nox. Just add Aeon Nox Minimalistic for instance.
(2014-04-20, 07:13)nooryani84 Wrote: [ -> ]You might want to change the name of your skin in the addon.xml file so that it has it's own listing in XBMC for users who already have installed Aeon Nox. Just add Aeon Nox Minimalistic for instance.

Done, I updated addon.xml and have them both setup on my system now.
(2014-04-19, 18:49)Jönke Wrote: [ -> ]Can you please make it possible to exit epg timeline view with back button?

I tried changing the onback command, but didn't find a good solution. If pressing back doesn't return you to the media menu, there is no way to choose the channel list without reloading the skin.
Confluence open media meny on first press and closes timeline view on second press.
I think thats better then just toggle media meny ( If you want to go back to epg just go right)
Unable to get this skin to install on a Raspberry Pi running OpenELEC, tried both Frodo and Gotham releases, is the RPI not compatible?

Edit: Scratch that, after numerous attempts it decided to play ball! Cheers!
Excellent work, love the flat look and all the little tweaks .. well done Smile

Couple of suggestions tough (feel free to ignore them):

- dimmed fanart looks good, but it would be nice to have the possibility to toggle beetween dimmed and regular, ideally at view level, since some views work great with dimmed (infowall for example), but other views look better with fanart fully displayed (logo view, lowlist, etc.)

- i also miss stage in some views (feels like something is missing) : then again, an option to toggle it would be nice...

Thanks !
tried this but script.skinshortcuts gives an errot "unable to build menu"... Huh
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12