Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Can I hide the Posters in Small List Views ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I love this clean skin, and I like to have minimalistic views: the Logo View for TV Shows is simply perfect, for example (I would have put the logo bar vertically, as to imitate the List View, but this is a personal taste)

When I browse the the Movie Sets, what really matter are titles and fanarts; no poster is needed, especially when the content of your collection doesn't fit well with a specific movie poster.

To work around this, I use transparent PNGs as poster, but the border of the "box" is still visible and it's very ugly. It would be a real eye candy if I could hide the posters at all (or at least make them appear after X seconds)

is that possible ? I think so, because a couple of weeks ago I messed around with the content of the user data folder, without knowing very well what I was doing, and the posters were gone... at all, indeed Confused

Thank you all
Both removing them or hiding them until some time has passed could be done. You just need to modify the view you use for movie sets. Which view is this?
I use the small list view for almost everything... I love to have my fanarts take all the screen, so I avoid every skin or view which hide too much of them. To make the small list video perfect I would only add a couple of lines at the list ( the transparent background doesn't hurt fanarts very much) and make all of the other elements appear after X seconds (the posters and the icons) just as the plot does.

yesterday I watched into the xml files in the 720p folder and did some testings... I think I about understand how they work, so I managed to change the font, color, size and place of the "genre names" in the poster view, to change the fallback backdrops, picking them from a source out of the texture pack file... managed to hide at all the plot box in the small list view and to make some other minor tweaks as highlighting the first element instead of the third, etc... but it was just playing, so I reverted all the changes because I don't understand all that "show that if these conditions are true", so I coudn't limit my tweaks to show only when and where needed.

Oddly, I changed even somethig I don't understand, so the posters disappeared as intended.... but from all the menus EXCEPT FOR the movie set list.... which is the opposite I want ! sob