Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: mouse navigation difficult on Toshiba Satellite A215-S7437
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm running windows 7 Pro 64bit on a Toshiba Satellite A215-S7437, Gotham Beta 4 XBMC.

When I run the program it's acting like the up arrow is being held down, or something similar. However this is the only program that appears to be acting this way.

I Have a Logitech M325 Unifying mouse and K-130 Keyboard hooked up to it.

I have tried disabling the Synaptec's mousepad, as well as removing the Logitech mouse and keyboard, but the behavior persists.

I have two other systems:
Dell XPS-720
HP-A1250N

Both have the same setup as the Toshiba; Neither of them are acting that way, they seem to be behaving properly.

Any ideas?
cant delete my own post....
I hadn't found anything on the forum similar.

The behavior is difficult to describe in single words.

It appears I have a stuck up arrow key, but this is the only program that appears to exhibit this behavior.

I'm not sure why, currently it is the only system of my 3 that is acting this way.

I have already checked to make sure I am using the latest drivers available for the system.

I have tried removing the extra keyboard and mouse.

Yet the program is still difficult to navigate because of the odd behavior.
Ok, figured it out.

Needed to disable joystick input.

To do this outside the Gui:

1. Find the guisettings.xml file. Mine was in XBMC/portable_data/userdata/guisettings.xml

2. Edit the file.

3. Find <input> section

4. Change "<enablejoystick default="true">true</enablejoystick>" to "<enablejoystick>false</enablejoystick>"

5. Safe file.

6. Start XBMC

No difficulties with the selection focus bouncing around anymore.