Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Add-ons don't do anything...???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Total newbie here... sorry. I don't even know if this is the right forum....

This is my second post as my first violated the Piracy Policy and/or the Forum Rules. Here it is again with the offending parts removed...

I followed this video [link removed] to install [a well known package to manage add-ons, name removed] and I've followed this video [link to a well known video hosting site removed] to try to install the [name removed] repository. Everything seemed to go to plan - I got a box in the bottom right corner to say that the addon is enabled, but then - nothing. I also tried to install another [name removed] repository - again, a message to say it's enabled but I cannot see where or how to select them once installed. I can see these enabled addons:
[names all removed, but there's four of them]
There is no mention of [name removed] or the other [name removed].

I've read this Wiki post [link removed] but there is no help there. There is loads of help on installing add-ons but how do you use them?

Unfortunately searching the forums throws up thousands of unrelated posts. It's really frustrating... All I want to do is try free and legal, non-adult on-line TV. And the forum rules here don't make it easy! [Note: I fully support the anti piracy philosophy.]

I am running raspbmc 12.3 GIT20131212-9ed3e58.

Thanks to anyone who can help but I have an inkling this is not going to be easy....
Go ask on the site where you got this repo from. We all know which one you want use and they are far from anything legal.
(2014-04-21, 20:11)Martijn Wrote: [ -> ]Go ask on the site where you got this repo from. We all know which one you want use and they are far from anything legal.

@ Martijn

Thanks for your prompt reply. I had no idea that using this repo is illegal. As I do not want to go down that route it leads me to a different question... Is it possible to use XBMC to legally and freely watch any on-line TV? I want English programs if poss, but I live in Spain. It seems that Spanish ISPs block a hell of a lot - including a huge number of videos from the two biggest providers. I don't use a proxy service, neither do I want to...

Thanks again.