Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Need EVERYONE's help with a potential bug
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm having a problem where some new recordings won't play on my remote machines. I believe that I've found a way to easily duplicate the bug, but I want to see if the same thing occurs on other's systems as occurs on mine.

Can you run a quick test on your systems?

Would you please.

1. Set your XBMC on a remote machine to be in the Main Menu and leave it there. Do not exit XBMC.
2. Using Windows Explorer, go into your Recorded TV Folder (not a watched folder)
3. Pick a file for a TV show that has only one episode.
4. Change the filename by adding a lower case "a" to the beginning.
5. Wait 5 minutes for ServerWMC's PVR client to pull the latest list of recordings. It is very important that you wait a full five minutes. In fact, wait 6 minutes just to be sure.

DO NOT DO ANYTHING ON YOUR XBMC DURING THESE FIVE MINUTES. If you have a library auto-update program running, please turn it off before you do this test.

6. After five (or six) minutes, attempt to play that file from within XBMC's Live TV system.
7. If it did not play, try playing another file, and then go back and try to play the file whose name you changed again.

Please report back here what happened along with which version of XBMC you are using and whether you are on Windows, Raspberi Pi, Xbmcbuntu, OpenELEC, or something else. Thanks!
I think I can call this off. I've tested with 5 systems and gotten the same results in every case...