Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Occasional digital distortion & echo on sound output
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Issue as described in title. I recently moved from an Onkyo TX-SR 309 setup in a 2.0 configuration to A Minx TV soundbase - I have to childproof and bookshelf speakers on stands are prone to toppling Big Grin

The soundbase doesn't decode DTS, Dolby or any surround codec, which is what I expected - I was perfectly happy with my stereo setup with the Onkyo. However, I am having troubles which I suspect is related to not having any surround codec support.

My setup:-

HP Microserver N40L (Turion II)
2Gb RAM
Sapphire Radeon HD 6450

Toshiba 32' HDTV
Cambridge Audio Minx TV Soundbase

Connected as follows:-

PC(HDMI)->TV(TOSLINK)->Minx TV Soundbase

When I had the Onkyo AVR setup, I could see the various codecs supported, so I'm fairly confident the AMD drivers are installed OK.

I am only expecting analog 2.0, which is fine with me. Anywhere from 20-40 minutes into a video, sound becomes distorted and echoey for 30 seconds before returning to normal. Sometimes it stops by restarting the video, sometimes not. This can happen multiple times in a video.

TV volume definitely turned down.

Settings as follows:-

I've had the same problem with many different audio settings - any suggestions appreciated. Luckily, I can still return the soundbase as I've only had it a week.

Cheers.
Try using the WASAPI - HDMI option for Audio Output Device
Thanks for the suggestion - solved! (by changing to a soundbar that decodes dolby/DTS)
I had Audio Output set to Analogue and HDMI changing only to HDMI didt he trick