Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Good modern remote
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I started this thread because all the remote discussions I've seen are old. I have a drawer full of remotes but I'm looking for a good quality remote for XBMC gat has a keyboard (for keyboard commands). I liked my Nyxboard but then it stopped working correctly in OpenElec plus they appear to have discontinued it. I liked my Logitech diNovo mini but the touchpad was working erratically so I contacted support only to find out they discontinued that. I bought a Pulse Eight Bluetooth micro keyboard and the first one didn't work at all then the 2nd one worked but I couldn't get it to function with OpenElec. I then bought a Favi RF micro keyboard for my living room and my bedroom. The living room unit's up arrow button stopped working so I had to take the remote from my bedroom. I'm not sure how crazy I am about a full sized keyboard as my remote but I suppose I could try it. Can anyone recommend a good quality remote that will work with OpenElec and has a keyboard? Maybe something that has keys on the back and remote on the front kind of like the Nyxboard or just a good quality remote with keys that I can use for typing and transport controls. My Vista MCE Remote is actually very nice but I still need a separate keyboard for editing sources, typing text, etc. all the micro keyboards I've tried seem to have poor QC . I like my Pulse Eight but OpenElec recognizes it but the buttons do nothing so I'd have to go to windows. Any recommendations?