Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Upgradring to Gotam : what version of MP ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello

I plan now to upgrade to Gotam with the new build (13.0 RC1) from Margro
I will update too Mediaportal (from v1.4) to .... ?

What is the best version of MP : 1.6 ( with TVServerXBMC plugin v1.6.0.125 tested with this version ) or 1.7.1 ( plugin "hopefully" compatible ) ?

Thanks !!!
I'm on Gotham rc1 with media portal 1.7 and tvserverxbmc 1.6.0.125

Everything works

This was a clean install on a new pc. No upgrades.
I am running 1.7 with Gotham RC1 as well and everything works however I am seeing a strange intermittent problem with the recordings. Sometimes when the recording is finished the thumbnail filmstrip icon doesn't change to the normal video thumbnail and when that happens I can't play the recording until I exit XBMC and restart it. Then everything updates and the recording plays just fine.
Ok thanks ... So I will use Mp 1.7.1 and Gotham RC1
Has anyone upgrade MediaPortal to 1.9.0 version yet? Because there are some changes in tv srvices, I would like to know if it is safe to upgrade.
(2014-10-02, 14:25)qzem Wrote: [ -> ]Has anyone upgrade MediaPortal to 1.9.0 version yet? Because there are some changes in tv srvices, I would like to know if it is safe to upgrade.

It's working fine here. Nothing significant will change with TVE3 so you're good to go.
(2014-10-02, 21:23)wo0zy Wrote: [ -> ]It's working fine here. Nothing significant will change with TVE3 so you're good to go.

Thanks for the answer Smile.