Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Disable back button rename?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm surprised this skin doesn't get more attention. It's sooo lightweight and runs amazing on my Android box, whilst others struggled.
Does anyone know if there's a way to disable renaming the home menu names with the back button? I sometimes press the back button too many times to come back to the home screen and by doing this keeps bringing up a dialog to rename menu names.

Thanks
If i remember well someone asked something about this on main topic of bello and Nessus replied.
search there.
Peppe
Thanks mate. I did have a quick look but I'll look further.
Wait for Gotham ready version (v2.0). I'll change the renaming of the custom HomeMenu items, by pressing DOWN instead of BACK.

Peppe... thanks for all the help buddy.

Cheers
Nessus
Thanks pal. Terrific skin. Smile
(2014-05-08, 13:35)nessus Wrote: [ -> ]Wait for Gotham ready version (v2.0). I'll change the renaming of the custom HomeMenu items, by pressing DOWN instead of BACK.

Peppe... thanks for all the help buddy.

Cheers
Nessus

Could it be made so that the renaming is only done through the settings? Any accidental button press on the menu bringing up the rename option is an annoyance in my opinion (though if not possible to have it in settings then I agree that down is preferable to back)
Looking forward to v2, is that the one you mentioned would get released in a couple of weeks or it that just an initial Gotham release? Is there any documentation for the XMLs or anything? I often want to change things beyond what can be done in the settings menu and trying to work out those XMLs ca be tricky sometimes.

My main issue with XBMC in general has always been that there's too much going on with each area of the interface. In each screen it seems to be like you press one wrong button and suddenly you're in some other menu with no clear means of getting out of it. The first thing I do with any skin is immediately go into the settings and start disabling stuff. It's not so bad because you can go into the XMLs and disable everything but I do wonder why anyone would need all this stuff and I find I'm the only person who seems to be unhappy about it. For example that side menu in the video library views; I only really want to set my view and sort list once, then I'm never going to touch those screens again. This is getting better now that we have the kiosk mode but I'm just using this as an example for my point. Anyway, don't list to me moaning because I seem to be in the minority.