Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Transparency! v6.0.6 for XBMC Gotham 13.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Transparency! - A Fanart Skin v6.0.6

for xbmc gotham 13.0

Home Window:

Fanart View:

Slide View with trailer preview:

Wall View:

Music Fullscreen:

Weather Screen:

Download:
Transparency! v6.0.6 is now available through the xbmc addon system:
Settings > Add-ons > Get Add-ons > XBMC.org Add-ons > Skin > Transparency!

additionally you can download the weather fanart pack: Weather Fanart
and select it in Skin Settings > Backgrounds > Weather > Conditional > Options > Path
also available are the Video Genre Fanart & Music Genre Fanart packs.
Skin Settings > General > Videos/Music - Use genre backgrounds, and select the path where you have stored these fanart packs.

New users, old info:
What is Transparency!? Short answer: a fanart skin. The main goal of Transparency! is showing your fanart, fullscreen, in all of the views, all of the time.
Besides this, it also tries to support every neat new feature xbmc has to offer. To save everyone a lot of time and trouble hacking the xml code themselves,
all of these new features are already included in the skin, pre-configured and enabled by default (wherever possible).

Questions / Problems:
- First thing to do is read the FAQ
- If that leaves your question unanswered, please post it in a new thread.
(please include xbmc version and the plaform you're using. a screenshot and a Debug Log can be very helpful too!)

Credits:
Thanx to all the translators and bug testers!
Special thanx to everyone submitting feature suggestions!
And last but not least, a big thanx to Jezz_X for the great PM3.HD skin and to everyone who's contributing to XBMC by coding, scripting, designing or just by posting new ideas.
Best Skin.
Using it for 4-5 Years.

Some changes I always do manually and I hope to see one day for good:

* Latest movies\tv shows\music in Home screen - too small, unreadeble in large living rooms, I have xbmc over 3-4 rooms, TVs sizes 32"\42"\50" and the poster,text.. is so small
* Same as movies-list in Fanart View, a little bigger font would be great!
* same as Plot for tv-shows\ movies (when press I) - unreadeble from living room!
* same at OSD when play\pause, the bar is small
* The Exit Menu is old and not clear to my opinion. the Defualt menu of XBMC is much nicer, I always copy it and make it mine, maybe vertical menu with text would be nice.
* I don't use the "Video" item in Home Screen, no needed, Only Movies and TV-Shows, but I Need "Files" shourtcut sometimes, and Hope for this option in "Movies" sub-menu, because right now I can't put it there unless using Favourites...
* Already report - some problems with TVTunes add-ons, like visuallation shows when browsing series instead of the Fanart...
* While playing music album, then navigate to series - if tvtunes enabled, the Tune of the series is getting play and stop the current music.
* I saw some skins when you press right in fanart view in movies, it make all the menus disapear and shows only the fanart, quite nice when the list cover the "important" part of the fanart and you want to get the full image.
* OSD icons looks old, other skins and also defualt skin looks newer and fresher.

keep doing a great job.
Thank You!
Hi Ronie,

Just a heads up regarding new DialogVideoInfo control statements for TvTunes and VideoExtras for Gotham (there are some changes in the arguments. For clarification read here). They both now support music videos, besides usual movies and TV shows:

TvTunes: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...eoInfo.xml
VideoExtras: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...ifications

Have a good one!
Hi

The links to the fan art packs above don't appear to work. Clicking them gives a Google 404 error.

Thanks
(2014-06-09, 07:03)Rogue Trooper Wrote: [ -> ]Hi

The links to the fan art packs above don't appear to work. Clicking them gives a Google 404 error.

Thanks

Same for me. Oh, Googled it and found it - thanks, beautiful!
(2014-07-01, 17:45)grahamgo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-06-09, 07:03)Rogue Trooper Wrote: [ -> ]Hi

Thanks

Same for me. Oh, Googled it and found it - thanks, beautiful!

Would you be so kind and provide a link for it?
I found Music&Video on ronies github but my search for the weather pack came up empty. Looks like the google-code project is completely gone.
weather fanart link should be up again now.
Hai Ronie, I'm a big fan of the Transparency skin. Been using it for years on XBMC Eden.
I wanted to upgrade to Gotham, bus this is what happens:
I install Frodo first and then after that I install Gotham. When I want to activate Transparancy, in the skin addons, it says "switched" off (but then in dutch, I hope this is the correct english translation).
When I right click on Transparency I can choose "Skin information" and then I see some options like: configure, install, delete, etc. But they are all greyed out execept "changes".
And changes just gives some info, there is nothing else I can do.
I have tried deleting the add on folder of transparancy from the XBMC directory, that is working and then I can choose "install" form the transparency add on menu. When I click install, it starts downloading,
but after that nothing happens. Again I can only select "Changes".
Is there some way to help me out with this, and get transparaency up and running again?
Much appreciated!