Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Loading channel list from client takes a very long time
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have upgraded my installation to Gotham final and vnsi server from the new repository (fernetmenta) as well as pvr tools from opdenkamp.
I guess this should be the official repositories.

Everything seems to work fine, except that fetching the channel lists takes very long (about 2 mins.), but it was very fast in beta versions (a few seconds, I took the complete set from Fernetmentas repository).
Anyone else experiencing this problem?
Should I try another version of vnis client/server?
Any hints/keywords I should check in the logs (I already tried to find something in the logs, but had no luck)?

Many things,
Jobe
Make sure that you don't store egp in database. This slows down the process drastically. vdr has its own db for epg.
Thanks for your answer, but I am definitely not storing epg in xbmc database. Fetching epg is fine, but fetching the channel list takes very long since gotham final. Note: I use channel groups in vdr and have set the flag to synchronize channel groups in xbmc.
I did not have time to try a lot of things the past weeks, but I will have a look at the logs within the next days, maybe I can at least narrow things down.

Br
Jobe
Ok, it looks like the problem definitely has to do with the channel groups.
From the log I can see the following for eacht group:

Code:
09:08:11 T:140682811381504   DEBUG: PVR - GetChannelGroupMembers - get group members for group '->02-Sport' from add-on 'VDR-Network-Streaming-Interface (VNSI) Server:10.0.0.4:34890'
09:08:26 T:140682811381504   ERROR: AddOnLog: VDR VNSI Client: ReadResult - request timed out after 15 seconds
09:08:26 T:140682811381504   ERROR: PVR - GetChannelGroupMembers - addon 'VDR-Network-Streaming-Interface (VNSI) Server:10.0.0.4:34890' returned an error: server error
09:08:26 T:140682811381504   ERROR: PVR - GetChannelGroupMembers - cannot get group members from client '1': server error
09:08:26 T:140682811381504    INFO: PVRChannelGroup - RemoveDeletedChannels - deleted TV channel 'Sky Sport News HD' from group '->02-Sport'
[........]
09:08:26 T:140682811381504   DEBUG: CPVRChannelGroup - Persist - persisting channel group '->02-Sport' with 0 channels

So I have 10 channel groups, which are deleted and there is a request time out for each of them (15 sec.). Afterwards I do not have any channel groups any more.Could it be a timing issue? I am starting my vdr through WOL. Maybe things are not ready, or XBMC ist starting up faster now...?

Ok, really looks to be a timing issue. When restarting XBMC, when vdr is already running, everything is fine. So the question is, how long do I need to wait, before starting XBMC? Any ideas for a vdr request?
please post (pastebin) full debug log and syslog
vdr seems to hang at the time the issue occurred

Jun 19 10:01:10 [ntpd] peer 86.59.13.46 now valid
Jun 19 10:01:19 [dbus] [system] Failed to activate service 'org.freedesktop.Avahi': timed out
Jun 19 10:01:54 [G2V g2v_init.sh] VDR does not respond - Restarting

can you enable verbose logging for vdr? maybe we can get more info.
How can you enable verbose logging in vdr? I've searched for a while but couldnt find it. I also have an vdr issue i cannot solve without good logs.
Thanks, tried that but get no error message. System just completly freezes.
you don't get any logs from vdr at all?
I get status and error logs (e.g. vnsi packet loss or which plugin is loaded), but nothing when the system locks up. I will look again in a few days, since i dont have physical access to my server right now.