Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Problem loading wmc.pvr
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi all

I'm unable to open the windows media center arm edition on my Frodo 12.2 droidplayer box.

Please find the link below to my log file

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=208727

Any help would be much appreciated on this one.

Thanks

Adam
I believe that's a PI specific build, try the Android build that was recently added
The only version of xbmc fully supported by droid player is Frodo 12.2. at the moment. Gotham 13.0 breaks the plugins.
Then go to the download page and scroll down to the Frodo version (don't worry that it says 12.3 instead of 12.2). Install the addon version for android (0.1.95).
I've installed version 0.1.95. It's failing to load the dll from the logs.
i tested the 0.1.95 android arm download on my HTC One M8 and it worked OK so I dont think it's a build issue.

We have seen permission/other issues on some android devices when the pvr addon is installed in the user addons directory but it works ok if in the system addons directory (where the built in pvr addons for frodo are located). Assuming you have root/file system access, try moving the pvr.wmc addon directory to the system addons area rather than the user addons area where it goes when you install from zip within xbmc. On my phone the system location is /data/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/cache/apk/assets/addons (and user location is /sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/addons)... your device may have slightly different paths though
I've moved the folder to where I think it should be but I now carnt find it in xbmc. Any other ideas as to the exact location I've been searching around for a while.

Thanks
did you move it to sit side by side with the other offical addons, like pvr.dvbviewer etc? Post an XBMC log I guess?
I couldn't find the default location: it's currently under SPECIAL://PROFILE/ADDON_DATA/

On the otherwise of file manager I have mashup installer .xfinity installer fusion profile directory Add source
Well if you cant find the default location it's not going to work when just put anywhere (like ADDON_DATA) !

You need to be able to access the android file system, not within xbmc (paths like special:// home:// etc indicate you are trying to do this through xbmc?). I am not familiar with your device but if it has a file explorer app use that, or if you can install apps from android market then install ES File Explorer or Root Explorer or similar. Otherwise perhaps there is a way for you to shell to a console window or use adb from a connected PC or something? you need to find the default location for system addons, which would be something like <root>/data/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/<somewhere under here>/addons

The default system addon directory will have all the other pvr addons under it, like pvr.dvmviewer, pvr.nextpvr etc.

I cant really help further sorry as I dont know anything about your device, just android in general.
I've moved the whole folder from the ghost commander app for android. Unfortunately the add-on is still failing to load I will try and upload some newer logs since I've moved the location of the pvr.wmc folder.

If anyone has any other suggestion would be much appreciated.
I use Ouya's for XBMC and easiest way I install 3rd party addons is place the zips on a remote share on a pc then point XBMC to the share to load the plugin.
I have successfully got the addon to work and communicate with my computer. However it's failing to stream the live tv it just says working and the fails to load.

Many thanks

Adam
Credentials are required since the client os is not windows. Have you turned them on in serverwmc? See folders tab. If you have turned them, then post a link to the serverwmc log.
there is nothing in the serverwmc log that I can see but here is a link to it anyway.

http://pastebin.com/7hQr6A9d
Pages: 1 2