Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: AeonNox 5 - Creating new themes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Since I didn't get any response to my question in the main topic (it's very crowded Tongue), I'll ask here.
Is it hard to create new themes for AN5? How much work would it be to create a "light\white" version, similar to the one in AN4. I've been thinking on creating such a theme, but I do not know where to start.
___________________________________________________________________________________

Update 12.09.2014:
White theme
Download - White theme v1.0
Move the content of the .zip file into aeon.nox.5 skin folder. (Do not atempt to install the .zip via Kodi).

watch gallery
Not that hard if you know your way around photoshop or gimp. Its basically just changing textures and making a new color xml
Photoshop is no issue.
So in order for the new theme to appear in the Settings window, I need to create new .xml for color and modifiy all textures and then compress them into a xbt file?
Correct. Just be sure to name the xbt and color xml the same.
One more thing: Is there an easier way to test\debug the new theme while developing it other than having to use the texturePacker every time?
I just change the textures in the media folder till i'm happy with the result. Look in git which textures have changed, copy those to a new folder (including subfolder structure) and then git reset the media folder to default.
You can change only the color in the appearance settings to test the new xml while making the new textures.
Ok thanks BigNoid, I'll give it a go.
Other than colors, is it possible to import/create the same collections views of Nox 4 ? Which files i have to modify?
if anyone can upload shots of there after work would be gr8 to see what you have done ;-)
@Maniac:

I had the exact same idea - I used a batch image converter to make the black ones white, but found out, that this is not the best idea for all images in the xbt file.
Besides - if you need assistance in adjusting the xml files/colors - just let me know - would really love to see a white style theme.

Cheers,

h3ll
Hi all, my vacation time is over, so I'll be working on some xbmc stuff durring the after-work time in the summer.

I did start on a white theme for AN5 when I started this topic, but I don't yet have a working version that I can upload for testing. I uploaded some screenshots instead that you can take a look at below.
I guess it does look okay, but it does tend to be a bit weird when there is a bit darker fanart in the background. It looks better when there are brighter images in the back.

The thing I'm having most problems with is the main menu, can't seem to get it right. Feels like it's the hardest part to get perfect. It's the last screenshot in the album.

Any tips\help is welcome Smile
That looks real nice. Great job.
+1
That white theme looks awesome! Exactly what I'd use!
I'd love to see a "minimalist" theme since the minimalist mod is not being maintained anymore.
Pages: 1 2 3 4