Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Frodo 12.3 -> Gotham 13.1 and dts passthrough
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello and sorry to bother.
Today I updated my XBMC from Frodo 12.3 to Gotham 13.1 and the first thing that I find out is that the dts passthroug doesn't seem to work properly.

My XBMC is installed on an intell HTCP and connected to a Yamaha RX-V467.
Never had an issue untill the upgrade.
With Frodo every time I launched a movie with DTS or AC3 coding the yamaha receiver stepped in and if you tried to touch the volume inside the xbmc a message appeared saying that a passthough device was working etc etc. Also the sound ... sorry for the word joke, sound as a proper DTS track and audio.

I did a clean instal of ONLY XBMC, went in the settings like I always do, changed to expert and selected the dts thingy.

I started a movie and well it doesn't work: the audio works, not in dts move ofcourse and there is actuall pass-through work in progress.

I would like to know if this is know problem, a new feature where dts doesn't work at all or anything else.

For now I will revert back to the 12.3 again, at least I know there all works properly.

Please let me know!
It does work. (Or it should!).

Screenshot of audio settings and debug log please.
Yep, should work just fine.
Please upload a debug log (wiki)
Hello, I have EXACTLY the same problem with audio passthrough as ExGemini.
I am now back ok 12.3 xbmc
Thanks
@marehf - you saw me ask exGemini for a screenshot of his settings and a debug log. You saw Kib ask for a debug log. Your "me too" adds nothing. If you want help follow the hints in the the posts above you, otherwise you are simply wasting electrons.
Change to WASAPI passthrough. Directsound only gives me chipset capabilities, WASAPI gives me full functionality of my Sony STRDN1030 (DTS HD etc)
I`we tried all possibilites for passtrough, and somethimes I get AC3 or DTS on my AVR, and I do not konw how. So I instaled XBMC 12.3 and everything works fine for sound.
With WASAPI passthrough I get no sound at all at my KENWOOD KRF-V6050D (this reciever supports AC3 and DTS). With DIRECTSOUND sometimes I get 5.1 (I always use same test video is with AC3 sound format) and sometimes doesn`t. I do not know why. I`ve tried all sount settings possibilities.

This is debug log with WASAPI.

http://postimg.org/image/b7d32myk9/

Thanks
That's not a link to a debug log - but to a screenshot.
thi message is removed
Do this: log file/Easy (wiki)
Its unlikely your going to get anyone to download a log file - use pastebin, or similar, paste the log there and provide the link here.
Pages: 1 2