Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Chromecast?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Do we think there will ever be full Chromecast support with in XBMC with no need for additional apps?

So I'm planning on building a FreeNAS server for all my media. I had a dedicated HTPC but hard drives have been getting hot and failing so I wanted something I could keep cooler and not under my TV. So I have been looking into how to get my media streamed to my TV. I was thinking about using and oldish (gives me another excuse to replace) tablet as a remote/stream from to the TV. So the Chromecast popped in my head but I haven't liked the idea of a second app I want it as simple as possible. For me it's not an issue but I want the wife to be able to find her stuff and use it without frustration. Big Grin
Just buy a NUC or whatever and have a small quiet cool HTPC under our TV.
(2014-06-08, 10:14)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]Just buy a NUC or whatever and have a small quiet cool HTPC under our TV.

I fee like a NUC is over doing it, but I understand what you mean. Haveing a full PC setting under my TV was nice. Miracast but its not really casting anything and you pretty much loose the device while your watching something,
full chromecast support is unlikely to happen due to decisions google made related to used technologies (translation - its crap)