Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Musiclibrary Loads dam slow!! (13.1)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
No Idea what chanched

but the Musiclibrary loads verry slow!!

Frodo Time from Homescreen to Albums ca. 1s or less
Gotham Time from Homescreen to Albums 5s and up!! (7s was the longest Time i mesured)

The smooth Feeling is gone!

No mather if on Windows Vista (32bit) or Windows 7 (64bit)

Hope we get back the old performance!!
Push!

Anyone??

Are Here Developers around who read This Posts?
Hi,

I have the same problem with my installations - currently Gotham 13.1 on Windows 7 & 8 64bit (same issue on 2 different computers).

With database-mode setting "on" the first screen of the music section needs about 6-7 seconds to load. Frodo needed not a second for the same operation. I recognized the same behavior when switching the database-mode in the music section from "off" to "on".

The database has about 15.000 titles and is stored on a local SSD. All titles are stored on a NAS device (buffalo) with gigabit network connection.

Here is the extract of the log-file (all log switches on):
21:09:08 T:6396 DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (Home.xml) ------
21:09:08 T:6396 DEBUG: ------ Window Init (MyMusicNav.xml) ------
21:09:08 T:6396 INFO: Loading skin file: MyMusicNav.xml, load type: KEEP_IN_MEMORY
21:09:15 T:6396 DEBUG: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory ()
21:09:15 T:6396 DEBUG: ParentPath = []
21:09:19 T:6396 DEBUG: Saving fileitems []

Between loading skin file and the next step is a gap of 7 seconds - during this period the software seems to freeze but the cpu load rises. Unfortunally there are no more logging details.

Please contact me if I can provide more information or do more logging.

Regards,
Carsten
(2014-06-12, 01:47)jmarshall Wrote: [ -> ]Debug Log

Here's the Link to the Debug-Log: Debug-Log

Regards

P.S.: If you need any futher Information, please let me know.
New try: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=226618

I think the problem is between line 786 und 787 ... but there are no log details.

Regards,
Carsten
I'm struggling to reproduce this (admittedly, on master, not Gotham, though as far as I'm aware nothing major has changed).

Does it only happen if the NAS is spun down at the time or some such?
There's a ton of skin errors in there, have you tried using Confluence to rule out the skin?
Hi,

I'm usually running the ACE-skin. After activating the confluence skin the behaviour is still the same.

My NAS is always on - there maybe a short delay when the NAS came back from standby, but everytime when I switch to the music-screen the systems needs 6-7 seconds to open the first-music-dialog.

This also happens when moving to a subfolder (interpreten, title, albums, etc.) and then going back the the "main"-music screen. "Going-back" also takes 6-7 seconds to load again - everytime.

Regards,
Carsten

PS: With Frodo 12.3 on the same computer and NAS everything works fine!
Sry for the late Reply

(2014-06-15, 05:25)jmarshall Wrote: [ -> ]Does it only happen if the NAS is spun down at the time or some such?
No it always happen, no mather if i first go in to the Video Section (Videos are on the Same NAS as Music)
or do Play a Song from an Album from My NAS before i open the DB or the Album Cathegory from Home again.

(2014-06-15, 06:22)Aenima99x Wrote: [ -> ]There's a ton of skin errors in there, have you tried using Confluence to rule out the skin?

yes, doesnt change the behavior
(2014-06-15, 05:25)jmarshall Wrote: [ -> ]I'm struggling to reproduce this (admittedly, on master, not Gotham, though as far as I'm aware nothing major has changed).

Does it only happen if the NAS is spun down at the time or some such?

Just to confirm.
I have this issue on my laptop for ages.

Gotham or master branch doesn't matter.

Opening anything Music related just takes ages. Either library or music addons. To make it more strange this does not happen when opening anything for videos (library or addons).
My workstation (Win32 i7 + SSD) doesn't show this issue. It's only my Win32 i5 + normall HDD which has this. Doesn't matter if it's fresh install or not (so without any addon installed and fresh guisettings).
Music is located on the same server and disks (smb://) as the videos which don't show this opening lag. However music add-ons also shows this huge lag so i guess it can't be network related?

Full log http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=230233
Hit albums at line 560 (i enabled verbose logging of some other things to perhaps give more insight if something else is blocking)
Exiting and entering album does open it instantly. Seems only after reboot the problem re-appears.
Entering artists in the same session again takes a lot of time.
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=230235 line 883 triggers artists library

Also tested with UPNP/remote control disabled.
Log when opening albums and music add-ons http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=230239

PHP Code:
16:29:38 T:5796   DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (Home.xml) ------
16:30:03 T:5008   DEBUGThread JobWorker 5008 terminating (autodelete)
16:30:03 T:5744   DEBUGThread JobWorker 5744 terminating (autodelete)
16:30:51 T:5796   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (MyMusicNav.xml) ------
16:30:51 T:5796   DEBUGCGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory (addons://sources/audio/)
16:30:51 T:5796   DEBUG:   ParentPath = [addons://sources/audio/] 

again reopening it in the same session is instant

PHP Code:
16:34:19 T:5796   DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (Home.xml) ------
16:34:19 T:5796   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (MyMusicNav.xml) ------
16:34:19 T:5796   DEBUGCGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory (addons://sources/audio/)
16:34:19 T:5796   DEBUG:   ParentPath = [addons://sources/audio/] 
I suspect the only way to figure it out (since I can't reproduce) is to add a bunch of logging to the functions:

CGUIMediaWindow::OnInitWindow (start and end)
CGUIMediaWindow::Refresh (start and end)
CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory (start and end)

That'll do for starters.
(2014-06-19, 23:57)jmarshall Wrote: [ -> ]I suspect the only way to figure it out (since I can't reproduce) is to add a bunch of logging to the functions:

CGUIMediaWindow::OnInitWindow (start and end)
CGUIMediaWindow::Refresh (start and end)
CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory (start and end)

That'll do for starters.

I can test in about 4 weeks. If you could prepare a build/patch for me that would be great. Issue has been there since early Gotham so it's not going anywhere, so need to rush.
I believe I have the same issue except it takes 30 seconds + to go into the Music tab and just as much to back out and select either artist or album, etc.

21:26:00 T:3964 DEBUG: Activating window ID: 10502
21:26:00 T:3964 DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (Home.xml) ------
21:26:00 T:3964 DEBUG: ------ Window Init (MyMusicNav.xml) ------
21:26:30 T:3964 DEBUG: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory ()
21:26:30 T:3964 DEBUG: ParentPath = []

Do you need a whole log or is this just a problem that is known and I should revert to Frodo where it works properly?

Biran
Hi,

maybe you can help me setup the correct logging setting. I already used the advanced logging options by activating them in the UI. Now, I am not sure how the set the options to log the specific events.

Regards,
Carsten
Pages: 1 2