Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Can one have NO logo with RSS feed?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a way to have an RSS feed in the home screen but have no logo showing? It seems I have ESPNEWS logo there by default. The only option I can find is to pick a new logo.
The ESPNews logo is only for the SECOND rss feed. The first one doesn't show a logo.

Removing the logo for the secondary RSS feed is definitely possible, but I haven't looked at it.
Thanks, but something strange going on then. I only had one RSS feed (CNN), but it was showing both at the top and bottom of the screen. At the bottom it had the ESPNEWS logo.

Then I went in the RSS edit option and removed the CNN url. Now I have no RSS feed on the homescreen, but I STILL have the ESPNEWS logo!

Here's the desired RssFeeds.xml file:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<rssfeeds>
  <!-- RSS feeds. To have multiple feeds, just add a feed to the set. You can also have multiple sets.     !-->
  <!-- To use different sets in your skin, each must be called from skin with a unique id.                 !-->
  <set id="1">
    <feed updateinterval="30">http://rss.cnn.com/rss/cnn_topstories.rss</feed>
  </set>
</rssfeeds>
</xml>
If I try to edit this within XBMC settings (at least with Neon running), it tells me the xml file is corrupt. If I then agree to reset it, XBMC simply freezes solid. No problem in other skins.
Pull request submitted to remove ESPN logo by default. You should be able to add it back using the custom icon option if desired.
It will also disable the top line RSS when bottom line is enabled

https://github.com/kibje/skin.neon/pull/65/commits
You shouldn't disable the top RSS when the bottom is enabled. The idea of the bottom ticker is to be able to have two tickers running at the same time. (one for news, one for sports) This used to work in the past.

If we want to have the option to have only one bottom ticker that should be a seperate option - taking into consideration that we should (as a skin) follow the global setting as well (XBMC setting "no RSS" == no rss in our skin (at all))
Gotcha, reverted the code to not disable the top ticker and force pushed the changes.