Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TV show ordering
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
there are some feature requests to implement the TV show - DVD order rather than the Aired order.
We have implemented this rudimentary with v2.6 (2 new fields - dvdseason; dvdepisode), but there are some open questions how to handle this the right way

a) how should we decide which one to take for ordering/renaming? (globally, per datasource, per TV show or per season?)
b) at the "update data source" -> as which episode/season (dvd vs aired) should we interpret the numbers we extract from the file name?

maybe we could get some suggestions for this feature from our users which uses dvd order in their TV shows Wink
a) I would love to have abiliy to choose per TV show
b) This one is really tricky Big Grin Most of time i got shows in aired order...but i am using filebot to handle ranaming to dvd order and then i use tMM shows mostly for art....
You wrote this is implemented in v2.6, but I'm unable to find any setting regarding DVD vs airdate order. Or was this just implemented internally and isn't yet exposed to the public?

Would come in handy for "Almost Human", which was aired completely out of order in the US. They're currently broadcasting it in Germany while sticking to the "correct" DVD order. Right now I reordered the episodes manually but it'd still be nice to select the desired order when scraping a show. As for your questions:

a) definitely per TV show, maybe with a selectable default setting - best place for the per-show sort setting would be where you confirm the scrape result

b) I'd say: don't try to guess the right one, but ask the user instead - again, that's best put on the scrape confirmation screen, where you are presented with the scrape results and need to select the correct one (if it found multiple matching shows)

.. so in essence: add two new options to the scrape screen: one to select the order your files are in and one to select the order you want to scrape from the TVDB. Probably also add an option to select defaults in the general TV show scraper settings.
yeah, the main logic has been implemented with 2.6, but is still deactivated due to the unsolved "problems"

I may have a brainstorming session with myron about this topic - but don't expect it to be in 2.6.4..
Just wanted to ask how the current status is for the "airing-order dvd-order problem"?
Have you already found a solution for the unsolved problems?
I am currently working on a possible implementation Wink

I will release a prerelease version for all interested "dvd order" users to test it in a few days
I've implemented this feature in the actual prerelease.
Please see the blog (http://goo.gl/YBD5qJ) how it works and this thread (http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=202771) how to activate the prerelease build