Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Release] Android Power Options
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Provides the ability to automatically Sleep or Power Off rooted Android devices, along with the option to logoff your XBMC profile prior to sleeping. Includes a SU Permissions check in Settings so you can give XBMC persistent SuperUser permissions.

Tested on the Amazon FireTV, but should also work on other devices.

Download from my repo.
Woah, great! I'll try this with my ouya next week Smile
Have been using this on my Amlogic-powered box (ATV582) for a few weeks: love it; works perfectly!

Nice work!!

Since using it requires giving up of screensaver functionality: would it be feasible to have an option to blank-screen for a period of time before executing the power option?
This would allow this screensaver to be used to replace XBMC Power Saving (disabled in Android due to requiring root); as well as allowing it to be used as a basic screen saver prior to cutting output to the TV completely...

Again: this has been a lifesaver for me, very nice work indeed!
(2014-12-14, 17:57)kreeturez Wrote: [ -> ]Have been using this on my Amlogic-powered box (ATV582) for a few weeks: love it; works perfectly!

Nice work!!

Since using it requires giving up of screensaver functionality: would it be feasible to have an option to blank-screen for a period of time before executing the power option?
This would allow this screensaver to be used to replace XBMC Power Saving (disabled in Android due to requiring root); as well as allowing it to be used as a basic screen saver prior to cutting output to the TV completely...

I'm not sure if it'd be possible to call another screensaver from within a screensaver, but I'll look into it when I get some time.
(2014-12-21, 18:50)elmerohueso Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-12-14, 17:57)kreeturez Wrote: [ -> ]Have been using this on my Amlogic-powered box (ATV582) for a few weeks: love it; works perfectly!

Nice work!!

I'm not sure if it'd be possible to call another screensaver from within a screensaver, but I'll look into it when I get some time.

That'd be much appreciated.

I'm thinking that even if it doesn't necessarily call another screensaver but just 'borrows' the bit of existing code used by the current 'blank screen' one, that'd already be incredibly useful.

Again, great job on this, elmerohueso. I feel like it deserves a sticky in the Android section of the forums since I know several people who've found this little gem useful!!
Hi,
I just tried this on Kodi 14.1 on my new AFTV and it doesn't install. Do you plan to support the latest version?
(2015-02-05, 00:01)nirmitlamed Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,
I just tried this on Kodi 14.1 on my new AFTV and it doesn't install. Do you plan to support the latest version?

I've installed, uninstalled, and reinstalled it just fine on both my FTVs running Kodi 14.1. There hasn't been a Python bump since Gotham, AFAIK, so all addons should still work fine. It's only the skin engine that got bumped.

If the addon is listed when you go to my repo, but fails to install, it may be an issue on your end. Maybe you need to clear out you packages cache in the addons folder.
(2015-02-05, 03:39)elmerohueso Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-02-05, 00:01)nirmitlamed Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I've installed, uninstalled, and reinstalled it just fine on both my FTVs running Kodi 14.1. There hasn't been a Python bump since Gotham, AFAIK, so all addons should still work fine. It's only the skin engine that got bumped.

If the addon is listed when you go to my repo, but fails to install, it may be an issue on your end. Maybe you need to clear out you packages cache in the addons folder.

Thanks for your replying. After hearing its suppose to work i tried to copy the file (repo file) into the hd device and it works Smile. Before, i tried installing using my network.
Any way you can have this invoke the daydream mode?
Wow, this is exactly what I've been looking for - hope it still works with KODI 16.... Smile
Thanks for this Great Addon. Is there any way to start my Android device again using Yatse remote or anyother tool.
I am using this on My Nexus 7 2012 wifi only and it is working perfectly. Can you add any way to start Kodi again using Yatse remote or anyother app