Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Weather
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was testing out reFocus 1.3.3 tonight. I really enjoy the look of this skin. The one thing I can not figure out is how to access the weather? I don't have a Weather item in my home menu. I have an icon for the current weather next to the time.
You have to install a weather addon like weather underground and set it up correctly. Then any skin that supports weather will access this addons information and show it to you.

removed151214

If you've been customising your main menu, it's also worth checking you still have a Weather menu item - it's under the Common grouping if you need to re-add it. Though the weather item will only show if you have a weather plugin selected, so check barenaked's suggestion first!
I have the weather setup properly. It works fine in Confluence. I haven't customized the main menu at all. I looked to edit the main menu but there only seems to be the ability to remove items but not add them.
Weather is not there by default.

Choose Add on the right side:

Choose Common in the select dialog that opens, and Weather should be there:
Ahh that explains it. I somehow overlooked that add button. So I did "Add", which added the new menu item and then I had to choose "Choose shortcut". After that, it all made sense. I thought that "Add" button was to add submenu items to the currently selected Main Menu item, which is what "Edit Submenu" does. Thanks for the explanation.
In my case it's not working since i did the 4.0.7 update of OpenELEC

Worked with the previous 4.0.6 version, now the "Weather" label just doesn't appear in the menu if i choose the shortcut Common > Weather

removed151214

That's normally the result of there being no service for weather information being selected within XBMC (Settings > Weather)
(2014-07-13, 07:29)Unfledged Wrote: [ -> ]That's normally the result of there being no service for weather information being selected within XBMC (Settings > Weather)

It was the issue, thank you Blush