Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC 13.1 Quits unexpectedly when adding a NFS share
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi

I need help, I cannot add a NFS network location on my Apple TV2, XBMC quits unexpectedly every time I try to add, here is my details:

Platform: AppleTV2
Version: IOS 6.1.4 build 10B809
XBMC Build version 13.1 Git:20140604-84725b0 Compiled Jun 4 2014 by GCC 4.2.1 for ARM (Thumb) Darwin iOS ATV2 32-bit version 40200
Install Method: Nito Installer
FULL Debug Log : http://pastebin.com/u/pguerreiro

I am trying to connect it to my NAS (synology DS412+) but it even doesn't try to connect.

thanks!
Pedro
Did you already try to add it manually (nfs://ip/export)? When exactly does it crash - what exactly are you doing in the XBMC confluence ui?
Hi, thank you for your support! When I try to add it manualy it quits the second I press OK button...

What do you mean, what am I doing with the confluence UI? I left it barely unchanged, just made some minor changes to the Appearance, things like adding lyrics to music... Should I reset it?

Thnks
Pedro
I mean a better reproduction description (more in detail) - but i guess now i got it and you already tried to add the nfs source manually in the first place.
Yea but it didn't work... Do you have any suggestion?

The issue is very simple to describe, i cannot use nfs shares, every time i try to add a share it quits unexpectedly... Is anyone using NFS with atv2 with xbmc version 13.1(Gotham)?
Yes i am using it for example Big Grin. This is some incompatibility between libnfs and your sepcific server. I am using nfs on ATV2 since i have implemented it (always with debian nfs server which was updated from 2.6.x kernels up to 3.10 or so and always worked fine for me).

And your statement "it doesn't even try to connect" is wrong - it tries to fetch the exported directories from the server and crashes deep in libnfs during that.

There are multiple possible things to do now.

1. Bump libnfs to some recent version and see if the crash is done (needs someone who can compile xbmc for atv2)
2. Capture the network traffic between XBMC and your NAS with wireshark and hand that capture to ronnie sahlberg who is the developer of libnfs - to see if he can see any possible crash based on the transfered data.
wait i see it:

Code:
0x316a000 -  0x3177fff +libnfs.dylib armv7  <c0c1722260fe30c4b2deb75a3d588063> /usr/local/lib/libnfs.dylib

You have something installed on your ATV2 which has planted this libnfs.dylib in your system. The architecture of "apps" on atv2 is very special. Any systemwide installed libraries which are internally delivered with XBMC will influence behaviour. In your case XBMC now uses the libnfs from the system which has the wrong version and so crashes. You need to find which app installed that libnfs and remove it (firecore stuff maybe?).

XBMC delivers its own "correct" version of libnfs.dylib but as soon as someone installs a version in the system (meaning /usr/local/lib) and loads that - XBMC is forced to use this wrong version. There is no way around it.

You could try to copy the /Applications/XBMC.frappliance/Frameworks/libnfs.dylib to /usr/local/lib/libnfs.dylib and hope that the other app which brought the wrong version of libnfs into the game works with our version. But i don't really suggest this because the next time we update libnfs for XBMC the old version will be used again on your system.
I thought it was something related to libnfs to... Maybe firecore, but i dont know how it get there... I Agree with you about copying libnfs... What do you suggest i should do?

I am open to anything, including reinstalling everything if I need to

The reason why i want to implement NFS is to try to minimise the number of times xbmc buffers during a movie, i thought that NFS being a lighter protocol than SMB and may help... Or in the other hand if the buffer problem is due to lack of processing power it may even do worse...
Ssh into the atv2 and Enter "mv /usr/local/lib/libnfs.dylib /usr/local/lib/libnfs.offender.dylib"

This renames the offending lib and prevents it from load and should Allow xbmc to use its own. Reboot the atv2 afterwards...
Worked!! Great!!

I can delete now the /usr/local/lib/libnfs.offender.dylib! Wink

You're the best! Thank you so much for the help and support!
i'm having the same issues only a lot stronger.
every attempt in connecting to my local network results in an xbmc crash
so also when i click on existing shortcuts or when i try to connect manually

it also crashes a lot at unexpected times but these attemps always result in a crash.

i waited with making a new topic since this solution might work for me aswell only i'm not sure if i should use the same ssh command line since my case is a bit different.

any advise for me?

--

Platform: AppleTV2
Version: IOS 5.0.1 (4224)
XBMC Build version 13.1
Yes i need the crashlog ...
i'm kind of new to this.
how do i provide a crashlog.. do i need to do this?

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Log_file/Easy

and also.. i might have made things a bit more difficult since i tried the commandline mentioned earlier above.
xbmc now doesn't crash anymore when i try to connect to my home network but it still denies access..

is there a way i can undo the commandline so i can report a crashlog?
or maybe there is another way to fix this.. perhaps i need to forward some ports in my router or somehing

also the 'tv shows' icon is now missing from my home screen (aswell as some of the icons that were there earlier below) when i start up the ATV2 but that's not a problem for me since i only use xbmc
Don't make a mess out of it. Post debug log (wiki) now that you have kinda "fixed" the crashing ...
thanks for still supporting me and sorry for the mess.

here is my debug log:

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=252398
Pages: 1 2