Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: epg in synology for iptv???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi i have synology nas DS414 DSM 5
I installed tvheadend V.3.4.27 -6 and only use chanels in iptv and everything works fine a except the epg.
and do not know how to install the xmltv and all that I found or does not work or I do not understand.
Im very noob if some one can explain for dummies
Hi, have the same problem DS415play dsm 5 everything works fine but just 2 hours epg .

Have you find a solution?
You need to log in to the Synology via SSH and configure the XMLTV grabber. If you're getting EPG data right now but only 2 hours of it it could be that the grabber only provides you with two hours, in which case there's nothing you can do except switch grabbers.
If you need a simple XMLTV grabber I've modified the original one to work on Synology NAS:
https://github.com/nurtext/tv_grab_file_synology

FYI: You still need an XMLTV source that can be read by the grabber, e.g. TimeFor.Tv or something else. Most EPG data must be paid for, but there are some options floating around to get free XMLTV data, e.g. MC2XML or WebGrab+ find more information on Google.