Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: OpenElec on RPi: Movie library does not list all titles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I recently set up OpenElec on my Raspberry Pi. The OS is running from a 32GB Class 10 card. I have no USB storage attached. It is successfully connected to a wired network, and a shared network folder (movie source) has been added. The folder has been scanned for content. Video playback is fine.

When I go to files view, I can navigate the folder structure of the shared drive and play any video. However, when I go to the Movies > Library view, the list is limited to only 241 titles. There are definitely more files than that in the source folder. Can anyone offer any possible reasons why the Movies library is not showing all of the the titles, and how I might be able to fix that? I have re-scanned for content several times, but the library list never changes.

I'm not sure what other information might be helpful. I can try to answer questions - but I know nothing of Linux. I formatted the SD card on a Windows 7 PC.

Thanks
most likely XBMC doesn't find correct matches for some of your movies and thus can't scrape the meta data and add it to the library. Try browsing to one of the missing videos in Video -> Files by browsing the share you used for the library import. Then press "i" on one of those files/folders and see what happens. XBMC is most likely asking you to select the correct match. If this is the case, try adding the release date of the movies in braces to either the folder (if you have a folder for each movie) or the file name.

edit: we know this is not a perfect behavior and that it would be nice to have a list with videos that couldn't be imported. Let's hope some dev will work on such a feature.
Thanks for the reply! I can offer a little bit more background -- I previously used a Windows laptop to run XBMC for this same collection, and all of the titles (1500+) would show up in the library with complete scraped data. So, I know that all of the movies are properly scraped with info. Another observation is that when I scanned for new content in OpenElec, the files that appear in the library are the first ones (alphabetically) in my shared movie folder -- as if it started at the top and worked it's way down until it stopped (for whatever reason -- either a file error, or something maxed out).
have you tried the Missing Movie Scanner addon? also...were you using the same movie scraper in each case? I use the Universal scraper mostly.
now that sounds weird hbirules. Could you create a Debug Log while scraping so that we hopefully see some error message in the logs? Having 1500+ videos the log might become huge, so if you can read the debug log well, you could alter it and remove some of the scraped videos in the log until the error (but keep a few ones on beginning and before the error). Or if you don't want to post it publicly, you can send it via mail/PM as well.
RESOLVED:

Just wanted to close the loop on this in case anyone else searches with the same issue. After seeming to be stuck at a lower number of library entries; I went back to the source and re-scanned for new content. More files were detected (even though they were not newly added), but they still did not show up in the library. Then I re-booted the Pi, and SOME new files were there. After re-scanning and re-booting about five more times, I finally got all of the titles to show in the library.

I hope that helps.

But thanks to all of those who offered help and suggestions -- much appreciated!