Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: skin file structure (background images)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

-- using XBMX Gotham (13.1) on a Windows 7 op, 64bits, with the Transparency skin v.6.0.7 --

I'v just installed XBMC and Transparency skin.

I can see that we can change the multiple background images in the different menu (like the pic with a TV showing an animation film with a shark, for the VIDEO menu, for example)

I was wondering if, first, we have to put our own images exactly where the skin default ones are, in order to put our own?

And if yes, where are the Transparency skin files? (I could only find the 2 skins pre-installed like the Confluence and the Touched)

Oh and while we're at it: what will our future images resolution have to be? (wanted to actually see the original default where I would have checked the resolution but, like I said, I couldn't find them...)

Thanx in advance!

Stef
you can place your pictures in any location you like.
we you change the background images in the skin,
xbmc will let you browse to the location where you've stored your images.

the aspect-ratio should be 16:9. the optimal resolution for the images is
the resolution xbmc runs at (see settings > system > video output > - resolution)
Thanx a lot Ronie!

I've been putting my images, it's all good...but can I ask one last question about that subject?

Say you click on SETTINGS, it brings you to this page where you have different little windows to click on (like, Video, TV......Profile....Appearance...Skin Settings...etc...) These little rectangles have an image, and it's the same image when you click on the window to enter the menu (example: Appereance is a pic with little smiley faces)...

Can we change these?

Thanx again!

Stef
nope.
Thanx again Ronie!

Stef