Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Using LIVETV with playlists
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey, I wanted to know if there is a way to create "fake" LIVE TV on XBMC? (already using pseudotv).
What i mean is if there is a way that the media that will be shown will be my media on my pc, through playlists, and it will create a tv guide randomaly only from my tv shows and movies? is there any PVR which can do it?
(2014-07-08, 11:58)right21 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey, I wanted to know if there is a way to create "fake" LIVE TV on XBMC? (already using pseudotv).
What i mean is if there is a way that the media that will be shown will be my media on my pc, through playlists, and it will create a tv guide randomaly only from my tv shows and movies? is there any PVR which can do it?

Sounds exactly like Pseudotv, what feature are you looking for that PseudoTV doesn't have?
(2014-07-09, 01:40)Lunatixz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-07-08, 11:58)right21 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey, I wanted to know if there is a way to create "fake" LIVE TV on XBMC? (already using pseudotv).

Sounds exactly like Pseudotv, what feature are you looking for that PseudoTV doesn't have?

it's pretty umm.. "limited". I mean when pseudotv live is on I can't go to HOME and start browsing my media and stuff.. I must exit pseudotv and it's kind of ruining the experience of "live tv". + the EPG is integrated in XBMC itself and I don't know.. it makes the experience much better (for me atleast).
(2014-07-09, 12:03)right21 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-07-09, 01:40)Lunatixz Wrote: [ -> ]

it's pretty umm.. "limited". I mean when pseudotv live is on I can't go to HOME and start browsing my media and stuff.. I must exit pseudotv and it's kind of ruining the experience of "live tv". + the EPG is integrated in XBMC itself and I don't know.. it makes the experience much better (for me atleast).

I have a Pseudotv PVR client that pretty much does what you are looking for, but it's still in early development...
but i'm afraid if you think PseudoTV Live is limited, you probably won't be happy with the client since it's just a stripped down version of PseudoTV Live that uses the XBMC PVR interface...
(2014-07-09, 19:56)Lunatixz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-07-09, 12:03)right21 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-07-09, 01:40)Lunatixz Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds exactly like Pseudotv, what feature are you looking for that PseudoTV doesn't have?

I have a Pseudotv PVR client that pretty much does what you are looking for, but it's still in early development...
but i'm afraid if you think PseudoTV Live is limited, you probably won't be happy with the client since it's just a stripped down version of PseudoTV Live that uses the XBMC PVR interface...

Can you please share it with me? if I'll see that's kind of alright i'll follow the development and updates and even report about bugs if you'd like to Blush.
(2014-07-09, 20:50)right21 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-07-09, 19:56)Lunatixz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-07-09, 12:03)right21 Wrote: [ -> ]it's pretty umm.. "limited". I mean when pseudotv live is on I can't go to HOME and start browsing my media and stuff.. I must exit pseudotv and it's kind of ruining the experience of "live tv". + the EPG is integrated in XBMC itself and I don't know.. it makes the experience much better (for me atleast).

Can you please share it with me? if I'll see that's kind of alright i'll follow the development and updates and even report about bugs if you'd like to Blush.

Okay, fair enough...give me a few days to add debugging, and I let you test it out...
(2014-07-09, 21:26)Lunatixz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-07-09, 19:56)Lunatixz Wrote: [ -> ]I have a Pseudotv PVR client that pretty much does what you are looking for, but it's still in early development...

Okay, fair enough...give me a few days to add debugging, and I let you test it out...

I'm glad you agreed! Looking forward to test it Blush.
(2014-07-09, 21:26)Lunatixz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-07-09, 19:56)Lunatixz Wrote: [ -> ]I have a Pseudotv PVR client that pretty much does what you are looking for, but it's still in early development...

i'm still interested Blush
What's the deal with this Pseudo TV? Why don't you guys just buy a tuner like everyone else, I have a feeling the experience is far superior?
(2014-07-24, 22:28)negge Wrote: [ -> ]What's the deal with this Pseudo TV? Why don't you guys just buy a tuner like everyone else, I have a feeling the experience is far superior?

What are you talking about? I think you are extremely confused.
You may be right, so it puts your movies etc. into virtual channels? I guess I just don't see the point in that then.
(2014-07-25, 10:54)negge Wrote: [ -> ]You may be right, so it puts your movies etc. into virtual channels? I guess I just don't see the point in that then.

When you have a huge amount of media and you don't always want to start thinking what to watch, you just want to open up the tv and watch something, anything - just like a live tv. So pseudotv does it. But i've openend this thread for finding a pvr that does the same as pseudoTV live.
(2014-07-24, 22:28)negge Wrote: [ -> ]What's the deal with this Pseudo TV? Why don't you guys just buy a tuner like everyone else, I have a feeling the experience is far superior?

@negge I use it for livetv. Very pleased with the experience. Why not give it a go and see what you think? So many options to tailor to your needs.