Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: background Fanart not showing in up in favourites
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, recently updated to Gotham, just getting round to having everything how i used to but i'm stuck

Films, tv series, music etc all fine

But i have BBC, Nat Geographic, History Channel etc as favourites, then i add them as a main menu item.

When i add the files they are added as "none" because i want them separate to my tv shows and movies,

In each folder i have for example "BBC David Attenborough The Life of Birds"
Then in that folder my background fanart is simply named fanart.jpg and the cover for my "dvd" is named cover.jpg or folder.jpg

Previously when scrolling through these each dvd would show the background fanart, i use shelf view, have tried a few combinations but cannot find out how to get the background to show up

Any pointers grateful

(another quickie, i have update library on startup not ticked, but when i start up it scans "The tvdb" whats occuring here? )
Ah finaly someone with the same problems about fanart.jpg and folder.jpg not showing up in the favourites. Glad i am not the only one. Probebly they tell you to use smart playlist. Dont try it, it screws up your entire library after scraping.

Succes
Ah finaly someone with the same problems about fanart.jpg and folder.jpg not showing up in the favourites. Glad i am not the only one. Probebly they tell you to use smart playlist. Dont try it, it screws up your entire library after scraping.

Succes
Hey, thanks for the heads up about smart playlist, i've never tried it anyway.

Strange how nobody has an answer, I was beginning to think i'm doing something so stupidly wrong that no one can be bothered to answer because it's so simple,

I was really pleased how I had my system working previously which is why I never updated because I finally had it all how I wanted it

Lets hope someone comes up with an answer
I'm confused. If you're not using this in library mode, then you are adding your documentaries folder to your favourites. Then adding that favourite to your home screen, then when you enter that it should display the artwork you have set. It is case sensetive though I believe.

I'm gong to tell you exactly what jinux said I would though, and suggest you use smart playlists.

If you take the time and set them up right, there's no reason why they should mess anything up.

Ultimatly you can easily remove the files from your library if you don't like how it turns out.
Hi, i'll explain how I use xbmc, it may be wrong?
Films - all in their own folder, scanned myself using media companion, then added as films or movies actually, I don't get xbmc to scan as each folder already has all necessary data, then in my movies area everything works as it should be
TV Shows - same as above, all working fine with fanart and coverart all as I like it

Now I have other folders, which have not been scanned through media companion, but I have added my own fanart and coverart to each folder which contains each item, for example
BBC - has david Attenborough the blue planet, the life of birds etc
History Channel - has the axe men show, ice road truckers, and various one off documentaries
Discovery channel - has various documentaries and shows each in their own folder with my own coverart and fanart added

BBC, History channel and discovery channel are each added as a favourite, I then make a specific home page button for each of these favourites, and previously (2 xbmc's prior to gotham) all was working how I wanted it to in that as I open BBC, each show had the fanart in the background because I had added the life of birds fanart to the life of birds folder for example

Now in gotham, I completely done a new installation and added all films and tv shows from scratch, all is working fine, I did the same with favourites, and I have no fanart showing ?

Hope this makes sense now?
(another side note, I have not ticked the option to scan on start up, still my library scans on start up, am I alone here?)
No still the same, I have to stay with Frodo because of my non-library stuff. Fanart does not work in gotham and also not working with ACE and MQ4 skins.

Pitty for me.

in gotham or in the ace or mq4 skins:

Folder--> Homevideos
--> fanart.jpg folder.jpg

Homevideos = Favourite

Opening favourite from homemenu. No fanart (fanart.jpg) showing and no cover (folder.jpg) showing.

in Frodo with aeon nox skin

Opening favourite from homemenu. I see the fanart (fanart.jpg) and the cover (folder.jpg).

So as almost no one is having this issue, no one will do anything about it, and I will be stuck with the old version of xbmc and never can go over to kodi.

For the last time can someone please explain to me why this is not possible anymore in the newer versions of the skins and in kodiHuh
And could someone maybe fix this, just for me ? Big Grin

PS Smart playlist do not work. It is to much work to set it up. Why destroy something that works good (fanart in favourites) and replace it with something that is very hard to set it all up and keep it setup (smart playlist). HuhHuh??
It is working it was a bug in the skin, the skin people helped me few months ago and put it back in the skin, works again, but lol i have been using smart play lists now Big Grin