Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Updated PVR files for Helix
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, in desperation for the new date sorting in TV Shows, I've updated to the Helix nightly. Everything works great except the Live TV section as the devs have changed the skin files required.

More detail is available here but looking at the instructions and the XML files, it seems reasonable knowledge of the skin is required to do this which sadly I don't have. Any chance these changes could be implemented?
@beeswax, have other changes in helix broken all skins, except confluence (default). *PVR change it´s only one, but have others changes, see here:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=194515

At this time, better wait for skinners fix or create specific releases with support for all changes in Helix. I think is better use gotham at this time.

Marcos know about this changes, maybe we have a fix, but I don´t have any date for this happen.

* Need fix in customization home menu item too...
Thanks for the response Wanilton, I'm glad to know that Marcos knows about the issue. As you say, there are other changes required but those are all minor (in my opinion) - I haven't noticed any issues using Aeon MQ with Helix apart from PVR being completely non-functional. I know it would be better to use Gotham but I really need the new date sorting method that Helix uses for TV shows in order to meet with wife approval. I only dropped £300 on a NUC to run XBMC and replace my Popcorn Hour when I got confirmation this had been implemented! Smile

I'm going to have a go at making the changes myself but from my first cursory glance at the instructions, I don't think they're detailed enough for a novice to be able to succeed, we'll see.