Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: One channel will almost always be scrambled!!! Please help!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have an interesting one here. I hope someone can help. I have the newest serverwmc installed on a windows 7 64bit desktop. I am running the newest PVR client on SBMC v 13.2 on my amazon fire tv. The fire tv is rooted and many other things. I have one channel, just one that 80% of the time will not start properly. The sound will begin on my xbmc client but no picture. Then the sound will stop for about 30 seconds. If I open up the full screen on my xbmc the sound will start again, but the picture is all scrambled. It looks like there are four scramble rows on the screen. It isn't even the tv picture but somethig else. I have mediacodec hardware acceleration turned off. I have tried it with it on. Once in awhile this one channel (the same channel everytime) will start up just fine. Every other channels loads and plays flawlessly.

I have a usb tuner on my desktop the channel will play great in WMC on the desktop and thru xbmc on the same desktop. But, when trying to play it on a wired ethernet firetv I get this wierd thing happening. This is my serverwmc log: http://pastebin.com/1FX9JZy0

I opened the problem channel first and then stopped the error playback. I then opened a different channel that played flawlessly. they should both be in the log. I appreciate the help. Cheers!
I think I need some more detail about which channel it is that is not behaving correctly. In the log I see a number of calls to a channel that it can't find in the wmc database, which is very strange - I think maybe you might need to reset the xbmc database for this problem.

After these calls, there is some open live stream calls that seem to start fine. So what is the channel callsign and number for the channel that doesn't work?
I really appreciate the help!!!!! It is the first channel the log show trying to log into, WJXTDt ch 4.1. When comparing with all the other channels that do work perfect it appears this channel is using only 2.0 dolby digital while the others use 5.1 dolby digital. I don't know if that would effect anything? When you say reset the XBMC database do mean just clear the epg data? Thanks again!

I have run the windows media center live tv setup again on my backend desktop with no better results. Just today the dang channel worked like a charm one time I opened it on my xbmc client. Then it went back to no opening properly again the next attempt, lol.
I don't know why the 2.0 audio would cause a problem. Try going to the debug tab in swmc and turn OFF 'delete temporary files'. Then try to start this channel again. After it fails, go to the tempswmc folder in your recorded TV folder, and try to play the wtv and ts files that you see there. Try to play them in xbmc. Make sure you turn the setting back on when you are done.
so i followed your instructions and found some interesting things. I allowed the temp swc file to not delete the files and recreated the failed channel. I then watched those created files on my desktop (hosting serverwmc) using VLC with no problems. They played perfect. I then opened them within my xbmc on the same desktop and they played perfect again. I then opened them on my wired ethernet XBMC client on my FireTV (the XBMC client with issues) and they would not play. The .ts file played just like when trying to watch the live tv and the wtv file also did the same. It had no picture, but audio for about 30 seconds. Then the audio stopped also. Then when I opened to full screen the whole picture was scrambled and again it was not the tv channel scrambled on the screen, but some other XBMC screen scrambled. Exactly what happens when opening up the channel from the live tv menu.

I also set up my desktop xbmc (the one on the same computer as WMC and ServerWmc) to watch live tv and the problem channel opened normally and played perfect! It seems for some reason my FireTv XBMC does not like the .TS or .WTV files created by serverwmc from that one channel. It likes all the other channels, but not that one! So wierd!
Good detective work, unfortunately it seems like it is a problem with fire tv and the encoding on that particular channel. I think you need to raise it as a problem with the fireTV/xbmc support.