Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Content Type missing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I haven't been able to find an answer to this, so am posting it here.
I have installed XBMC on 2 devices and neither one shows the option for content type when adding a source. My computer prompt me when setting it up on there, but no luck on Androids.

My question is if this is normal?
This is not normal. Are you using the official xbmc builds from xbmc.org?
I have tried 13.1 from this site on my cell phone, and a custom 12.1 on my tegra 2 device. I am trying to setup a basic server to teach my wife how it will work before our new player gets here.
Is there an option for advancesetting.xml to add it back in?
Well you can set content type in the context menu of the newly added source - (long tap on touch devices) - but to clarify a bit - i am not aware of the removal of that feature. And on my device after adding a new source it pops up the mentioned "set content type" dialog everytime. Can you explain how exactly you add a source?
I choose add new source, then navigate to my upnp device and navigate to the folder for my movies. It then adds the device with no further messages. The thing is that when I long press the source, I don't have an option to set the content type. I can add to playlist, remove, rename, and add another source.

my laptop has the content type dialog, but neither android device has it.
Ah, yeah, UPnP can't be used as a library source because of how UPnP works. It will be a feature in the future (at least XBMC to XBMC). Until then you'll need to use another file sharing protocol.
Nothing else seems to find my pogoplug server
PogoPlug's default software is oddly limited, but in most cases you can hack it to use other protocols. Which model of PogoPlug do you have?
I jave V4, which supporrs html5 and PS3 streaming.
Will this remove my pogoplug's connection to the pogoplug site?
That one I linked to should not remove the original PogoPlug software. There are mods/hacks where you replace the entire OS, but that how-to should just guide you to adding SMB on top of the existing PogoPlug software.

Any method of modding the PogoPlug software can sometimes be frustrating if you're not familiar with the command line and such. I have a PogoPlug series 4 myself, and I use it for SMB sharing and two hard drives, as well as a torrent client. It's really great now, but there were a few times where I wanted to pull my hair out when I was setting it up. Granted, I'm now wiser for the experience ;)

I've really hoped that PogoPlug would officially add SMB support, either for their existing products or for something new, but for some reason they just haven't done it.
I have been trying to follow the instructions, but first got a tar magic error, then got a wget permission denied error.
-bash-3.2# tar xf wget_1.12-2_arm.ipk
tar: invalid tar magic
Got past the messages, do I have to add each drive into Samba?
I'm not seeing the drive on xbmc through samba search
Pages: 1 2