Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Ouya Remote (that is not a smartphone)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dear all,

I was hoping to get a remote for XBMC on OUYA. I've seen a few posts about things that might work, but I was hoping to get confirmation from other users that have a physical remote for OUYA and are happy with it.

The reason is that my smartphone battery drain + the screenlock can be annoying if I'm watching something that requires much fast forwarding (free throws in basketball games). For something like this a remote with a forward button would be great.

I have seen people share this device for instance: REMOTE

I'm wondering if it would work on OUYA, either via USB in the back or via bluetooth maybe.

Thank you very much in advance!

Kind regards
Messy rc11 works well.
Thanks! I think I found it online, not too expensive so I'll order soon!
After looking at some video reviews, I noticed that these are "mouses" that you move through the air, instead I'm looking at a way simpler "old school remote".

Is it possible to disable the "mouse" function of such devices? Anybody has any tips on a simple but nice "old school remote"?

Thank you in advance!
They're typically both remotes and air-mice. Most have a button to turn off the mouse, and XBMC also has settings to turn off the mouse as well.
Ah that's great, then I can just buy anything that looks cool I guess. I ordered a €5 USB remote to give it a try. If it is a success I might go for a shinier one =).

Thanks for the feedback!