Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Android TV Box extreme lag while playing video in HD
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I'm new to this xbmc stuff and all I know is that I purchased this box off some guy. I can provide specs if you'd like. Now, everything I watch in 360p works just fine but if I want to use an add-on like xbmctorrent and watch movies in HD, it lags so bad it plays at like 2 frames a minute (not really, but you get the point). If anyone has a solution, please tell me! I'd like a fix for this.
Hi I'm also new yo xbmc..how to downscale videos from 720p to 360p?
(2014-07-21, 19:11)cinnybun Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, I'm new to this xbmc stuff and all I know is that I purchased this box off some guy. I can provide specs if you'd like. Now, everything I watch in 360p works just fine but if I want to use an add-on like xbmctorrent and watch movies in HD, it lags so bad it plays at like 2 frames a minute (not really, but you get the point). If anyone has a solution, please tell me! I'd like a fix for this.

Check to see if libstagefright is enabled in Settings --> video --> acceleration

(2014-10-11, 03:12)neers13 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi I'm also new yo xbmc..how to downscale videos from 720p to 360p?

You can't, XBMC only provides the ability to upscale. I don't know why you would want to downscale anyways....
(2014-10-11, 05:53)lrusak Wrote: [ -> ]Check to see if libstagefright is enabled in Settings --> video --> acceleration

Would this be in the settings from the main home page or while playing a video?
(2014-10-15, 17:26)deepsouth06 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-10-11, 05:53)lrusak Wrote: [ -> ]Check to see if libstagefright is enabled in Settings --> video --> acceleration

Would this be in the settings from the main home page or while playing a video?

This is in the main Settings menu, then click Video, then Acceleration just as mentioned above. You'll see radio buttons for the hardware acceleration options.