Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Can't get center channel audio on Frodo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I know this has been brought up several times before I've read through several threads with no luck. No matter what I do I can't get anything to come through the center channel when watching shows or movies. This of course results in turning up for dialog then music and SFX being too loud. The reason I'm running Frodo is because when I installed Gotham it appeared most of the add-ons wouldn't work, so I downgraded.

I have a 3.1 setup, receiver is Marantz NR1403, HTPC is an old Dell Inspiron 1525 laptop.

PC --> HDMI to AVR --> HDMI to TV.

I've tried enabling and disabling all the Dolby/DTS etc...options, setting speakers to 2.0 or 3.1. When I run through a test in windows it runs tone through center speaker no problem.

Audio output is set to HDMI, device is Wasapi HDMI.

Is there anything I'm missing here? I'd really appreciate any help. XBMC is fantastic and this is the one major issue I'm having. I'm happy to post any relevant screenshots or anything else.

Thanks.
Debug Log_file (wiki) needed to see audio device properties.
I installed XBMC log uploader and I'm not receiving any emails with links nor is it giving me an ID number. I'll keep working on it.
Ok, I found the file and here is a dropbox link do it. Hopefully that works for you. Thanks.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6b5g32qxvshnf8j/xbmc.log