Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Change percentage of the volume up/down buttons?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone,

Maybe a weird request, but here goes!

I'm using a flirc together with an XBOX One Media Remote for my XBMC remote control needs and it works beautifully.

However, there is a small annoyance: when I press the volume up/down button on my remote (paired with flirc, which recognizes the buttons as +/-), the actual volume control moves pretty slowly. It takes me about 15 seconds to go from 50% to 100% (I know, it doesn't sound as a lot, but it's annoying, especially when you just turned on a really loud song...).

As my inter key delay is already at 6 (and other levels won't work), I wondered if XBMC can be altered so a +/- key (or any other key for that matter) wouldn't decrease the volume by 1%, but immediately by 2-3%.

Is this possible using keymaps or another file that I need to alter?
Are the other buttons as slow to repeat? I have the older Xbox 360 black slim remote, and volume changes are pretty fast with the FLIRC, but I'm assuming the Xbox One remote is a totally different beast.
(2014-07-25, 01:21)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]Are the other buttons as slow to repeat? I have the older Xbox 360 black slim remote, and volume changes are pretty fast with the FLIRC, but I'm assuming the Xbox One remote is a totally different beast.

Well, that's the thing: my up/down/left/right arrows seem much faster (I can get through lists extremely fast) than the volume control buttons... Maybe inter key delay is different with different buttons?

I will try mapping the volume up and down keys with the buttons for going left/right on the remote, maybe it is just something with the remote...