Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Experimental Google Music Addon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is a spin-off from the Vially's great addon in thread http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=134783

Restriction:
- An Android device registered in your Google account is mandatory
- Enable less secure apps in your Google account or enable 2-step verification and create an App-specific password.

Repository:
The addon will be automatically updated when using this repository.

Donations:
I'm accepting donations so I can maintain a subscription to Google Music and keep coding new features, thanks in advance!
Donations for this addon gratefully accepted.

New version:
plugin.audio.googlemusic.exp-1.12

Older versions:
plugin.audio.googlemusic.exp-1.11 .1 - 2017-02-13
- revert change in login with missing device id

plugin.audio.googlemusic.exp-1.11 - 2017-02-10
- added action 'Play all from here' for playlists
- added action 'Start radio' for playlists
- added search history
- updated gmusicapi library
- fix missing artist name when playing radio
- fix search navigation errors
- fix more character encoding errors

plugin.audio.googlemusic.exp-1.10.6 - 2016-10-27
- fix more character encoding errors

plugin.audio.googlemusic.exp-1.10
- improved search: now you can fetch more songs, artists or albums
- return stations in search
- improved 'play in youtube': better match when fetching and use video ids when provided by google
- added option 'play in yotube - shuffle'
- new 'Videos' auto playlist: all songs with video id provided by google
- updated gmusicapi library
- updated icon
- fixes for krypton

plugin.audio.googlemusic.exp-1.9.2
- fix error where free stations menu was not showing
- improve new version detection to reload library
- more favourites fixes

plugin.audio.googlemusic.exp-1.9.1
- add artist background in artists
- fix error when not a subscriber and free radio is not available (available only in us/canada?)

plugin.audio.googlemusic.exp-1.9
- support for free radio
- improve search results
- add artist background in albums
- cache artist background art for store songs
- fix error when favourites file does not exist

plugin.audio.googlemusic.exp-1.8.4
- fix loading album art in search
- fix 'Add to library', broken in latest code refactory

plugin.audio.googlemusic.exp-1.8.3
- remove unnecessary import from gmusicapi failing with openelec
- fix loading empty playlist
- update French translation, thanks mrotschi and neolao

plugin.audio.googlemusic.exp-1.8.2
- fix syntax error in android
- fix loading track with missing duration field

plugin.audio.googlemusic.exp-1.8
- added 'Create playlist', 'Delete playlist' and 'Delete station' to respectives context menus
- added 'Set rating', 'Artist top songs' and 'Related artists' to song context menu
- added distinct view modes in settings for songs, album, artists, playlists and stations
- show thumbnail for playlists and library stations
- fix for login without device id
- refactory some code

Repporting ploblems in this thread:
Upload your Kodi log to pastebin and share the link, so I can check for errors
You can follow this page for log info http://kodi.wiki/view/Debug_log

GitHub Repo, using develop branch:
https://github.com/vially/googlemusic-xbmc

Submitting bugs please use the github issue tracker:
https://github.com/vially/googlemusic-xbmc/issues

Troubleshooting:
- Error when trying to play song: too many registered devices, remove old ones https://play.google.com/music/listen#/settings
- Error when trying to play song: try installing the Google Music App in your mobile device and access with the same Google account

Donations:
I'm accepting donations so I can maintain a subscription to an All Access account and keep coding new features, thanks in advance!
Donations for this addon gratefully accepted.
Thank you very much for this.
thanks
Without reading thru all of the old thread.. Does this version require the same dependencies listed in the first part of the other thread?
(2014-07-29, 05:22)Vidman Wrote: [ -> ]Without reading thru all of the old thread.. Does this version require the same dependencies listed in the first part of the other thread?

No, just the zip file posted.
Hi foreverguest, I asked this in Vially's thread buy he didn't mention it. Have you got any plans to update search to include All Access tracks? I assume this isn't a trivial addition but it would be really great to get to music from the whole catalogue.
+1
+2 :-)
I could try to implement All Access search but I don't have an All Access account, so no way to test it.

If someone is willing to be a volunteer and do the heavy testing, please raise your hand.
I can do testing and probably even fix some simple bugs myself
I can do light testing :-) and if you havent tried it already, there is a 30 day free trial on All Access.
(2014-07-30, 00:02)StefanK Wrote: [ -> ]I can do light testing :-) and if you havent tried it already, there is a 30 day free trial on All Access.

Therefor Spotify is better imo , to bad there isn't a free account addon yet Wink
And if you own a Chromecast you get 3 months of free subscription now.
Since I have uploaded my own music to google play I would love to have the main menu music button go straight to the google music addon.
More specifically I would like to have a listing with all albums, sorted by artist (artist - album).

My wish prompts two questions:
1. For foreverguest: Can you make My Library show as Artist-Album?
2. For you all: Is changing of the target of a standard home menu button skin specific or xbmc general? Where do I find the code and how do I format the link to new target? If I add the library from google music to my favourites, I will be able to find the target formatting in favourites.xml.
@ 2) is skin specific. There are several skins out there that allow to customize the home menu though (like AeonNox, Eminence, and many more)