Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Zotac ZBOX NANO ID18 / USB 3 / docking station
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I would like to build an 2 in 1 system, NAS + XBMC an would like you opinion on this.

I intend to buy an Zotac ZBOX NANO ID18 NETTOP Intel ® 1500 MHz NM70 , HD GPU
I already have an Inateck Dual Two Bays USB 3.0 Hard Drives External Docking Station

My plan is to install centos on the Zotac, and only the x server to be able to run XBMC (no windows manager).

My questions are:

1. would i be able to use the usb 3 ports speed of the Zotac in this configuration in order to share what i have on docking station at the 1gb lan speed?

2. does 2-4 gb of ram will be enough for centos + xserver + XBMC+ samba + nfs to play 1080p and 3d movies side by side encoded? what memory do you recommend?

3. would an ssd (20-30 gb) drive make the difference instead memory card or usb stick for OS? if so, which would be the cheapest solution? i am referring only at the drive for OS, nothing else would be used for. i already have the disks in docking station.

I want to replace 2 rpi currently used as one for NAS+dock one with openelec because the transfer is limited at 100mbs. Beside playing media, i am using the NAS as a backup solution for my laptops. I am assuming if i will use usb and gb lan of zotac, the speed between laptops and NAS will increase, and in the same time, xbmc on openelec will be much faster because of the cpu and memory.

(i don't want windows, i don't want NAS out the box solutions)

Thanks in advance,
No sugestions guys?

Thanks,