Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Setting up Aeon Nox
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

I am a very Noob to this and spend allready many hours on the forum looking for a thread that can help me out.

My problem is that i don't know how to add movies in the Movie category in the main menu. But what i can do is add movies to the video category in the main menu. But i want the beautifull views that i can choose in the Movie category.

I hope somebody can help me with this.
I think this is what you're looking for- http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Set...t_and_scan
Thanks for your reply wgstarks but when i visit you link i get this text: There is currently no text in this page. So unfortunley there is no help on this page. Also yesterday i found out that a friend also use XBMC on his computer witch is running on windows. And he said to me that when he add movies like the way it has to be done, he has the beautifull videowall and all his movies are screend by XBMC. But that is not happening with me when i add movies. Is this maybe a bug in the latest version of XBMC?
The link is working fine for me when I click it? If you do a google search for "set content and scan xbmc" without the quotes you should get the same hit for the xbmc wiki page. It's the wiki instructions for how to use a scraper to add your videos to the xbmc database.
Thanks for your reply. Strange because now i can see the page. And thanks for the link! This helped me a lot. I found also that i don't need to add movies with UPNP. Thats the reason why my movies didn't add to the library. I don't know why, but when i add movies with "smb" it worked!
I am missing 3 movies that are not showed in XBMC. The file format is the same as any other file. How is it possible that not these three movies are added?
What are the three movies?
and file/folder structure
I found that planet of the apes, Invasao a Casa Branca and safe heaven are not visible in XBMC. The structure of the file's/folder are very different. Some movies has "Movie name" as folder name and inside this folder there is an another folder where the movie is placed in. But sometimes there is no extra folder. Also is there difference in file formats but also XBMC reconize these difference file formats. Also if i look to the name of the folders it is very different and no problem for XBMC to reconize. So there is not one thing i could found what is different from other file's/folder.
The problem for tv shows and music is worse. For these subjects in XBMC he totally won't add it in the program.

First i added movies thrue UPNP devices but that didn't work. So i tryd SMB and that worked but only for the movies. Maybe it's good to know that i use the latest version of XBMC, running on windows 8. And all the movies/tvshows/music are stored on my NAS Iomega IX-200.
If the movies are in sub folders you can set to recursive scan. Scan recursively scans sub folders for movies as well as the main folder.
Try renaming file and or folder to:
Planet of the Apes (2001)
Planet of the Apes (1968)
There are two so label accordingly
Olympus Has Fallen (2013)
Safe Haven (2013)

Also settings for the scraper:
Movies are in separate folders that match the movie title (If you keep each of your movies in its own folder with the movie name in it)
Example: /Movies/Big Buck Bunny/Big Buck Bunny.mkv
Enable this if the folder has the movie name otherwise disable

HTH, alternately you can try .nfo files i.e.
Planet of the Apes (2001)

Paste this file in before scanning library again for missing content, make sure the .nfo has the same name as the video file or vice versa
Hi k4sh1n, thank you very much for your help! It was all about the names of the folders and files. So i didnt need the .nfo file for planet of the apes. But the only thing thats left is Safe Haven (2013). That is still the only movie, whatever i tried, which can not be add even if i try to rename it.
what extension type is Safe Haven (2013), I'll can create an .nfo to load
Safe Haven is a .mkv file. Do you know why he don't autmatically takes the information from the scraper or why the movie is not added? Because if i need to create a .nfo all the time, it takes a long time to do that everytime.
Have you set the scraper for recursive?
The .nfo should be for one off problem files I had about three or four in the 800 or so movies where the api for the scraper virtually had little to no info on the movie so i made some custom ones
Here you go: Safe Haven (2013)
What do you mean with recursive? Because i couldn't find it in the scraper. I use the universal movie scraper and the movie database. Thanks for the file!

Edit: I tried your .nfo file but even then XBMC wont add the movie.
Lol, no worries
see screenie

It would be when you set the content of the source, you can amend by pressing c to access the context menu and and edit source, if path is the same go to ok and turn recursive on (if all else fails see it the .nfo fixes it)

Maybe try adding it manually, go to video, files locate the folder for the content and press i
(watch to see if it scans anything in)
Pages: 1 2