Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Actor Thumbnails aren't displayed in OpenELEC/Yatse
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

1. Currently using:
  • OpenELEC v4.0.7 Official (RPi Model B Rev. 2) + Aeon Nox 5.1.2 Skin.
  • EMM Beta v1.4 2014-05-09 for all scraping procedures.
  • OpenELEC is set to use Local Information Only (i.e: use whatever's been made available by EMM on each movie folder).
  • Yatse v4.2.1
2. Here are my EMM settings (Album, 5 screenshots):
The issue: Even though Actor Thumbnails are being properly stored in ./actors/ folders:
1. I'm unable to see any Actor Thumbnails in OpenELEC.
2. I'm unable to see any Actor Thumbnails in Yatse.
3. EMM ignores the Do Not Save URLs to NFO checkbox, and keeps on saving Actor Thumbnails information in the .nfo files as links to TMDB.org, instead of reffering to my local folders, where the rest of the scraped content resides.
I've tried restarting the program and re-scraping after enabling/disabling the Do Not Save URLs to NFO checkbox. Same results.

Help is appreciated.

Regards,
Bump.

Help is appreciated.

Regards,
Ticking the Do Not Save URLs to NFO does not stop the urls for actors being added. Not sure if by design or not?

Xbmc will still see the .actors folder by default first before using the urls in the nfo.

In xbmc have you checked the option to download actor thumbs? (do ntot know if that affect yatse or not?)

Where is your .actors folder being created?
Hello and thank you for trying to help.

1. I haven't checked the option to download Actor Thumbs because EMM is doing all the scraping work and I've set OpenELEC to use Local Information Only (i.e: use whatever's been made available by EMM in each movie folder).

2. Every movie I have in my library is stored in a separate folder, and in each such folder, there are 3 additional sub-folders with the content I have selected for EMM to scrape. Like so:
Code:
Root Movies Folder\
Root Movies Folder\Movie 1\
Root Movies Folder\Movie 1\.actors\
Root Movies Folder\Movie 1\extrafanart\
Root Movies Folder\Movie 1\extrathumbs\
Root Movies Folder\Movie 2\
Root Movies Folder\Movie 2\.actors\
Root Movies Folder\Movie 2\extrafanart\
Root Movies Folder\Movie 2\extrathumbs\

Regards,
Your folder structure looks ok.

I think you still have to check the option to download actor thumbs otherwise xbmc just ignores the thumbs completely. (Settings, Video, Library - Download actors thumbs when adding to library)

One way to test is to kill your internet connection. Then add a few movies to xbmc and see if the actors appear. I am 99.9% sure that xbmc will still just use the .actors folder over the urls in the nfo

Cheers
... and I think XBMC don't overwrite already existing actors and actor thumbs.