Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: reFocus 1.4x mods by bryanbrazil
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Just wanted to share a collection of mods I've made for reFocus 1.3x/1.4x. Enjoy!

Backgrounds/Colors/Themes Scripts/Addons Skin mods* *Skin mods will have to be reapplied after skin updates.
Alternative default backgrounds for various sections (Addons, Live TV, Music, Pictures, Programs, Settings, Video, and Weather)

watch gallery

Just extract to your skin folder and reload the skin to start using these backgrounds. Download
Additional color themes

watch gallery

The following color themes are included:
  • Red/black
  • Gray/orange
  • Green/yellow
  • Brown
  • Blue

Just extract to your skin folder. I made changes to some of the reFocus textures and included them in the zip (overlays, pointer, thumbs, watched status). If you don't want to use the modded textures, you don't have to extract the .xbt files in the /media folder. Download

Once installed, go to Settings - > Appearance to select a theme.

With the larger mouse pointer provided in these themes, recommend changing the size of the pointer in 720p/pointer.xml from 32 to 64.
cdART Manager addon skin

watch gallery

Just extract to your skin folder. This skin uses your default music background for the background. Looks best if the font color is set to white in the addon settings. Download
That music background is really nice. I assume it's royalty free / open source / public domain ?
Rating Update addon skin

This addon is available here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=107331

Just extract to your skin folder. Download

Update: Changed the buttons to make them consistent with the rest of the skin.
(2014-07-27, 21:09)Jeroen Wrote: [ -> ]That music background is really nice. I assume it's royalty free / open source / public domain ?

Not sure where I got that image, I've been using it on my HTPC for a while. Just did a google search and found it being used several places, can't tell who the copyright owner is...
Cheers, I think I'll include it and leave a notice about all included background images.

edit: http://www.shutterstock.com/pic-19307800.../YTDfA-1-1

Shutterstock states all their photos are royalty free so I think it's ok.
Thanks bryan for the modded textures.. theme looks a lot better this way
Really good initiative!
REFOCUS is way off the best skin in my opinion. I have been using REFOCUS BIG for a long time because of the additional settings.

I will try these MODS out since they add features to REFOCUS that do not seem to be in pipeline for the original skin.

One thing I lack: is it possible to add a "white theme" to the color theme section? In REFOCUS BIG I use the ReAlaska color theme.
(2014-07-29, 14:12)andreas72 Wrote: [ -> ]Really good initiative!
REFOCUS is way off the best skin in my opinion. I have been using REFOCUS BIG for a long time because of the additional settings.

I will try these MODS out since they add features to REFOCUS that do not seem to be in pipeline for the original skin.

One thing I lack: is it possible to add a "white theme" to the color theme section? In REFOCUS BIG I use the ReAlaska color theme.
I tried doing just that. Took my gray theme and inverted the colors. IIRC, there were some parts of the skin I couldn't get to look right, though, so I gave up. Might be worth trying again with 1.4.

Update: Tried it again. The content views look pretty good, but the menus and dialogs are hard to get right without adding new colors and modifying the skin's code, which I don't want to do for a single theme.
Added a red/black theme to the color themes zip. See post #3 for screenshots...
(2014-07-29, 16:07)bryanbrazil Wrote: [ -> ]

I tried doing just that. Took my gray theme and inverted the colors. IIRC, there were some parts of the skin I couldn't get to look right, though, so I gave up. Might be worth trying again with 1.4.

Update: Tried it again. The content views look pretty good, but the menus and dialogs are hard to get right without adding new colors and modifying the skin's code, which I don't want to do for a single theme.

Ok, I see. Thanks for trying!
I really like the Grey color theme. But my wife do not allow me to change the white theme we have on the main HTPC. Ergo; I am stuck on XBMC 12.3 and REFOCUS BIG on that system.

I use XBMC 13.1 and REFOCUS 1.4 on my laptop, with your "add ons". And I am really impressed how good it looks and how well it works!
(2014-07-31, 00:27)andreas72 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-07-29, 16:07)bryanbrazil Wrote: [ -> ]

Ok, I see. Thanks for trying!
I really like the Grey color theme. But my wife do not allow me to change the white theme we have on the main HTPC. Ergo; I am stuck on XBMC 12.3 and REFOCUS BIG on that system.

I use XBMC 13.1 and REFOCUS 1.4 on my laptop, with your "add ons". And I am really impressed how good it looks and how well it works!
Thanks, though most of the credit goes to Jeroen for creating such a flexible skin...it makes creating these themes so easy!
edit: never mind
Pages: 1 2 3