Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Home screen fanart not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I have extensively browsed the forum but I have not been able to find the answer to my problem.

Since the HDDs of my NAS died om me recently i had to completely reinstall my media centre setup. With the media on the NAS and XBMC running on a Windows laptop in the living room.
Because of some limitations i decided to go all the way and completely reorganize my music library (folder structure). This because I want see/use multiple Artist fanart.
Now I have been doing this for more than a week and I am finally done. I do get the multiple artist fanart in the Music screen. But it no longer works on the home screen or when using party mode. These used to work just fine with the single fanart solution (fanart.jpg).
I have downloaded the art organiser add-on, but when i click it, it appears for less than half a second, then disappears and it does not change anything for me.

My music file structure is now:

..\..\Artist1\extrafanart\*.jpg
..\..\Artist1\album1\*.flac
..\..\Artist1\album2\*.flac

Obviously I have set the Background/Home music setting to fanart and I have even experimented with path names there. To no effect.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

BTW - Off-topic - another problem I have is that the music stutters when the screen blanks (or unblanks) when the powersave kick in. This was never the case with earlier versions of XBMC - any ideas?)
For Artwork organizer:

Check the settings and make sure all the parameters have been set correctly:

Advanced - set the path to "search for a custom folder for artwork"

Expert - Set the path to "a custom folder to which the addon will export artwork(located in ....xbmc\userdata\thumbnails...) to"

Once these paramaters have been set correctly then there should be an output if you execute the addon via "addons" from the xbmc home screen.

Now go to skin settings---->General (Under miscellaneous options) and scroll down to "music - use extrafanart" option is selected and
obviously the "path to your music folder" should point to the location where your artwork has been exported to by artwork organizer in "expert settings" as described above.

Lastly, go to skin settings---->Backgrounds--->Home - Music and then on the right hand side under "default" select "fanart" and then click on options
and set the path to "browse for folder" to point to the location where artwork organizer copied your artwork/fanart to. If you are missing lots of
fanart, you may consider using cdartmanager which will automatically download fanart\extrafanart in the right folder structure that works will transparency! and a few other skins.

I hope this works for you!

You may find this boring to read....

XBMC fanart is quite unnecessarily complicated but only those who would have used other media centers will realize this. Fanart in media portal is as simple as
creating a single folder and dumping all your artwork in that folder in artist.jpg format. If you have "artist1 feat. artist2.jpg fanart will still be displayed
but for xbmc you have to manually create another folder like "artist1 feat. artist2" for the fanart to be displayed. Compilations work perfectly and fanart
changes/is updated as the track changes accordingly. If XBMC does all this, I still haven't been able to figure it out but XBMC interface and speed is a million
times better than Mediaportal. So for this reason, I have defaulted to using XBMC ONLY with TRANSPARENCY! SKIN....Best skin in my opinion.....
Hi,

Thanks for taking the time for your clear write-up. I made it one step closer to where I want to be, but it's still not working 'as intended'.

The thing is that it now works if I have a single fanart.jpg in my artist folder. But in fact in each artist folder I have a folder called 'extrafanart' where multiple images are stored. These images are not picked up by the organizer.
Whenever I activate the 'custom folder' setting in the Advanced setting, it does nothing at all.Is there any particular folder I am not aware off that I have to point it to? A cache / thumb folder maybe?
It managed to collect all the album thumbs, but i guess these are stored in the xbmc library from the metadata of my FLAC files.

So, I still need the artwork organizer to locate and gather my artist fanart images from the 'extrafanart' folder.

Makes me wish I never even started whole thing....

Thanks for any additional help!